PLM & Web 2.0: the new frontier for the most collaborative
and productive Product Development!
What's all this talk about PLM Web 2.0? What's the real meaning of Web 2.0?
There is no real definition of what Web 2.0 means. Many argue that Web 2.0 generally
indicates a set of those online applications that allow a strong level of user-website interactions.
If we stop at this definition, then any web-based PLM system is web 2.0 enabled,
as a PLM system by its nature has a 'strong level of user-website integration.'
According to think3, PLM Web 2.0 really means exploiting all the new technologies made available in recent years. Think3's new PLM web-based solution, TD PLM, offers an innovative Task Driven approach that allows users to access any updated item of data in real time, right from the word 'go.' The system is based on three-tier architecture with web-based clients and integrates easily with most ERP, MRP and CAD systems because it uses the same graphic user interface.
Think3's TD PLM leverages the very latest technology:
- The AJAX environment enables TD PLM to present data without necessarily 'rebuilding' the entire page that contains them, thereby improving the usability.
- Tagging techniques allow TD PLM users to classify and retrieve information with a methodology similar to that used by Internet search engines.
- The Task Driven system allows data access to any authorized user without necessarily attending training courses; in fact, the user is 'step by step' guided by a methodology similar to that used by e-commerce and social networking sites.
- The opportunity to interact not only with e-mail, but also with real-time messaging, such as Microsoft MSN Messenger, promotes a rapid and practical communication within the team.
Why should you choose think3's TD PLM solution?
- It is based on a secure, independent Web 2.0 platform
- Rapid implementation with zero impact on existing organization and IT. Customers are operational in less than six months and receive 24/7 support and online training
- Perfectly integrated with CAD and other systems at the GUI level so that users do not have to switch backwards and forwards between one application and another
- Quick and easy to learn, rapid ROI
- Secure SSO (single sign on) access
The CIMdata Commentary on TD PLM Download Now
Visit our website at Think3
Read now about TD PLM TD PLM
For more information contact Think3