CATIA V5R16 for Designers is a comprehensive textbook that introduces the users to feature based 3D parametric solid modeling using the CATIA V5R16 software. The textbook covers all important environments of CATIA V5R16 with a thorough explanation of all commands, options, and their applications to create real-world products. About 50 mechanical engineering industry examples are used as tutorials and an additional 35 as exercises to ensure that the user can relate their knowledge and understand the design techniques used in the industry to design a product. After reading the textbook, the user will be able to create solid parts, assemblies, drawing views with bill of materials, and surface models. Also, the user will learn the editing techniques that are essential to make a successful design. In this book, the author emphasizes on the solid modeling techniques that improve the productivity and efficiency of the user.
Salient Features of the Textbook
· Consists of 13 chapters that are organized in a pedagogical sequence. These chapters cover the Sketching, Modeling, Assembly, Drafting, and Wireframe and Surface Design workbenches of CATIA V5R16.
· The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that will be covered in it.
· Every chapter begins with the command section that provides the detailed explanation of the CATIA V5R16 commands.
· Additional information is provided throughout the book in the form of tips and notes.
· Self-evaluation test and review questions are provided at the end of each chapter so that the users can assess their knowledge.
Free Teaching and Learning Resources
CADCIM Technologies provides the following free teaching and learning resources with the textbooks:
· Free online technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Part, assembly, and drawing files of the models used in illustrations, tutorials, and exercises
· Customizable PowerPoint presentations for every chapter in this textbook
· Instructor’s guide that provides solutions to review questions and exercises provided in the textbook
· Student projects to enhance the skills
· Class tests that can be used by faculty in the class.
· Course outline listing the topics that should be covered in basic and advanced classes
To access these free teaching resources, please send your contact information to email@example.com, mentioning clearly your name, designation, university/college, street address, city, state, zip, and country.