Subscription Customers Gain Exclusive Access to High-Performance Design Optimization, Visualization and Collaboration in the Cloud
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 27, 2011 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, introduced Autodesk Cloud, a collection of more than a dozen web-based capabilities, products and services that enable customers to extend their desktops with greater mobility, new viewing and sharing capabilities, and more computing power, helping them better design, visualize and simulate their ideas. In addition, Autodesk Subscription customers will now have exclusive access to cloud-based, high-performance rendering and design optimization, and enhanced collaboration capabilities. Autodesk Subscription now provides 3 GB of online storage for each seat of software on Subscription for greater access to design and engineering documents, anywhere, anytime.
Cloud applications such Autodesk Cloud documents provide users with the freedom to work where they can be most effective, and to view, edit and share designs anywhere and with almost anyone. (Photo: Business Wire)
“For more than a decade, Autodesk has embraced the power of the cloud to extend the functionality of our design solutions and help our customers work more effectively,” said Amar Hanspal, senior vice president, Platform Solutions and Emerging Business at Autodesk. “With Autodesk Cloud, we are demonstrating an even greater commitment to helping our customers solve the world’s toughest design and engineering challenges.”
Autodesk has been a pioneer in cloud-based applications for the design industry — starting more than a decade ago with Autodesk Buzzsaw — and more than a dozen cloud-based offerings currently available to customers are now encompassed as part of Autodesk Cloud. Autodesk Cloud provides a powerful foundation to enable all Autodesk customers to begin using the cloud to access and store their work from anywhere; to view their work through web browsers or mobile devices; and to share their work with other users, even users without Autodesk software. Cloud applications such Autodesk Cloud documents, AutoCAD WS and the Autodesk Design Review mobile app provide users with the freedom to work where they can be most effective, and to view, edit and share designs anywhere and with almost anyone. AutoCAD WS and the Autodesk Design Review mobile app are available today on the iOS App Store.
Additional cloud services exclusive to Autodesk Subscription customers give designers, engineers and digital artists sophisticated new capabilities, such as high-performance 3D visual communication, simulation and collaboration that were once limited to organizations with privileged access to expensive, high-end supercomputing centers.
These exclusive services include:
- Autodesk Cloud rendering ― Customers with an Autodesk Subscription to the Premium or Ultimate editions of Autodesk Design Suite or Autodesk Building Design Suite will have access to powerful rendering capabilities, helping them better visualize designs, increase the number of renderings they can create and reduce hardware investments.
- Autodesk Inventor optimization ― Customers with Subscription to the Premium or Ultimate editions of Autodesk Product Design Suites will gain an intuitive cloud-based simulation tool, enabling them to test multiple design options in the cloud, and to create more sustainable designs and higher-quality products while reducing material, transportation and energy costs.
- Autodesk Revit Conceptual Energy Analysis ― Customers with Subscription to Autodesk Revit Architecture or Autodesk Revit MEP software, or select suites containing these products, can extend design beyond the desktop with powerful cloud-based energy analysis capabilities, helping them to quickly gain insight into the energy consumption and building energy costs of early design concepts from within the design application.
- Autodesk Green Building Studio web-based energy analysis software ― Customers with Subscription to Autodesk Building Design Suite and other select products have access to this cloud-based service that can help designers, architects, engineers and building energy analysts perform faster, more accurate energy analysis of multiple building design iterations, optimize energy efficiency and work toward carbon neutrality earlier in the design process.
- Autodesk Buzzsaw software as a service (SaaS) ― Customers with Subscription to Autodesk Vault Collaboration AEC software now have access to cloud-based document, data and design management solutions for architecture, engineering and construction firms and owner-operators, helping them centralize and securely exchange project information and enhance team collaboration.
Autodesk works with multiple partners, including Amazon and Citrix, to
provide a scalable cloud computing infrastructure to meet customer
needs. Autodesk has been working with Amazon Web Services for more than
three years in order to securely host high-demand, scalable applications
Homestyler software and
Seek web service. Amazon Web Services provides Autodesk with the
flexibility to scale computing around the world with Amazon Elastic
Compute Cloud (EC2) and resilient storage capacity with Amazon Simple
Storage Service (S3) and Elastic Block Store (EBS), as well as the
ability to more efficiently deliver applications and content to
customers. Autodesk also teams with Citrix to provide customers with
greater efficiency in their use of Autodesk applications. Delivering
solutions to end users with Citrix XenApp can help customers reduce
workstation costs while still providing the software performance they