Second Annual User Conference Showcases Case Studies from Top Bluebeam Users and Announces Free, Unlimited Cloud File StoragePASADENA, Calif., Sept. 12, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — Top design and construction professionals came together last week for a high-octane learning experience in digital project collaboration at the second annual Bluebeam® International Rally Conference (IRC). The event was held at the incredible Salish Lodge & Spa outside Seattle on Friday, September 7th – Saturday, September 8th.
By bringing together some of the biggest names in construction and offering an exciting rally car driving experience, IRC featured a unique learning environment that showcased how Bluebeam's flagship PDF-based solution, Revu®, takes digital project communication to the next level.
"Bluebeam was thrilled to kick start our second annual International Rally Conference with a big announcement — unlimited, free storage for all Bluebeam Studio projects," said Bluebeam VP, Global Marketing Stephani Haynes. "We've talked a lot about how Revu enables project teams to take digital workflows further and work with no limits. Now, we're delivering on that promise with unlimited file storage in the cloud to handle even the largest documentation libraries and collaboration needs."
During the event, Bluebeam developers and power users presented educational sessions featuring "Tips & Tricks" for better utilizing Revu and lessons learned through several case studies in real-world digital project management. Session highlights included:
- A look at how Turner Construction Company is managing the massive San Diego Airport T2W Expansion project with a powerful combination of Microsoft SharePoint® 2010, Revu and a customized HTML GUI.
- A glimpse into Zachry Construction's innovative use of Bluebeam Studio™ on iPads and desktops to track punch items in real time.
- Foster Wheeler Energy Limited's unique comment and review process, powered by a combination of Revu, its file protocol bFX™ for accessing PDFs stored in remote locations, and Bluebeam Q® for automated PDF publishing and processing.
- How Mortenson Construction shaved 40 percent off the time spent in the in-wall inspection and sign off process of the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center project in Denver, Colorado by tracking project status in real time with Studio.
- How McCarthy Building Companies' is digitally managing multiple projects from start to finish using digital plan rooms and Revu.
In addition, Bluebeam team members showcased how to set up project files digitally through Studio projects, leverage Revu's takeoffs and estimation tools and other tips and tricks to save time and streamline workflow with Bluebeam.
Finally, after all the serious business of day one, several attendees took to the track at the DirtFish Rally School for a day of rally racing. Patrick McQueen from Lease Crutcher Lewis took home the first place prize with Chris Orueta of Stacy and Witbeck, Inc. taking second and Steve Pesce of PACLAND finishing third.
To check out some of the memorable moments from the 2nd Annual Bluebeam IRC, visit the online photo gallery here.
About Bluebeam Software, Inc.
Not your typical software company, Bluebeam Software makes smart, simple collaboration solutions for paperless workflows based on the PDF format. Founded in 2002 in Pasadena, California, Bluebeam's award-winning collaboration technology is used today by the world's top architectural, engineering and construction firms, as well as government agencies, accountants and even attorneys, as an intuitive, easy-to-use, PDF-based solution for dramatically improved workflow and more sustainable, paperless operations. Bluebeam supports customers in more than 60 countries directly through its Account Services team in addition to an extensive reseller network. For more information, visit www.bluebeam.com.
SOURCE Bluebeam Software, Inc.
|Bluebeam Software, Inc.
Bluebeam International Rally Conference (IRC)
Lisa Kornblatt, SS|PR