LYON, France, March 28th 2013 - Datakit, a leading CAD Data Exchange Company, will be visiting Industrie Lyon, FR, 2013 April 16th-19th : http://www.industrie-expo.com/homepage. This is a great opportunity to meet major CAM vendors and showcase Datakit achievements in this domain.
Datakit has been working for a decade on providing valuable assets for CAM purpose. The company is shipping toolkits to extract geometric, machining features and Product Manufacturing Information (PMI), directly from native CAD data : Dassault's CatiaV5/6™, SolidWorks™ (WIP), Siemens NX™, PTC Creo™, STEP, without the need of any separate CAD software license : http://www.datakit.com/en/crosscad_ware.php.
This includes Hol e Machining and Pattern CAD native information, that can be used to clearly identify features directly from the native CAD data. Datakit SDK exposes various critical data for manufacturing, compared to geometric feature recognition post-process :
- Hole design numerical values : positioning, sketch, depths, diameters, angles, direction
- Semantic data : hole type (simple, tapered, counter bored, sunk, drilled etc...), tolerancing (can include standard definition), pitch and thread information.
- Links to sketch, support and generated geometries
- Pattern / Toolpath information : rectangular, circular, user-defined, instances.
Besides of Machining Features ability, Datakit provides Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) through APIs designed for both semantic and rendering purpose. Valuable tolerancing, surfacing and geometric associativity is supported for various PMI entities :
- Dimensions : Linear, Angular, Radial...
- Geometrical Tolerances : Flatness, Cylindricity, Surface Profile, Position, Angularity...
- Roughness and Welding.
While Datakit is eager to help CAM vendors import CAD data, the company is investigating in 2013 support of specific CAM Process and Manufacturing data as well, including :
- Tool Definitions, Tool Paths
- Machining Operations, Strategies and Process.
We would be glad to meet you and discuss these new opportunities on the show. Please contact us to arrange a meeting !
To get more information, please browse and register on Datakit website: http://www.datakit.com/en/register.php
Datakit is a private held and leading company founded in 1994 specialized in CAD data exchange solutions and services. It offers stand-alone converters, plug-ins and SDK that analyze, heal and export models. Datakit exposes a wide range of geometrical and semantical data through its various range of products. It also provides services that aid in the migration of CAD databases and help customers choose the best data transfer solutions. It works closed to the Independent Software Vendors that currently integrate its CAD Data exchange solutions as components to their own software. For more information, please visit us at www.datakit.com.