World’s fastest media converter now supports the next-generation H.265 codec together with advanced technology that makes transferring files to mobile devices effortless, fast and delivers superior image quality
TAIPEI, Taiwan — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 25, 2014 — CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), the world’s leading consumer multimedia software company, today launched the latest version of their top-selling media converter MediaEspresso. Offering the segment’s largest collection of profiles for mobile and media devices, along with optimization for hardware acceleration technologies from Intel, AMD and Nvidia, MediaEspresso 7 is designed to not only make transferring files quick and hassle-free, but also to create the best-quality viewing experience on mobile devices.
MediaEspresso 7 is the latest in a series of recent CyberLink announcements about mobile apps and powerful, mobile-friendly applications—from “selfie” tools and full-fledged photo-editing products that can be run on smartphones and tablets to the company’s flagship PowerDVD 14 media player.
MediaEspresso 7 also introduces support for next-generation HEVC (H.265) video. H.265 files provide super-high pixel fidelity for videos that take up only half the storage space of traditional files. MediaEspresso users can convert older files to H.265 to free-up more space on their PCs, or convert downloaded H.265 movies to formats supported by mobile devices so they can be easily enjoyed on-the-go.
“As the volume of digital entertainment consumed on mobile phones and tablets continues to grow, people are searching for straightforward ways to move content quickly between their various devices without worrying about file formats,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “The key to MediaEspresso’s appeal is its unique ease-of-use. Smart Detect technology integrated into the software makes shifting files from PC to device effortless — a true “plug ‘n’ play” experience.”
Key Features in MediaEspresso 7 include:
- Mobile Devices — An extensive range of over 160 device profiles, including the latest Apple, Samsung, HTC and Acer devices
- Smart Detect — Automatically selects the optimal file format / resolution for your media based on your device
- HEVC (H.265) Support — Convert to and from exciting next-gen H.265 files. More storage space, easier file sharing
- Hardware Acceleration — Optimized for all leading acceleration technologies – Intel Core and QSV, Nvidia CUDA, AMD Fusion and APP
- Batch Conversion – Simplicity, speed and convenience for converting multiple files simultaneously
- Social Media — Direct upload of converted files to the user’s YouTube and Facebook accounts
- Image Enhancement — Conversion that actually improves the quality. CyberLink’s TrueTheater® Lighting, TrueTheater® Denoise and TrueTheater® HD enhance, clean and sharpen images and video
MediaEspresso 7 is available today from the CyberLink online store in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean.
MediaEspresso 7: US $39.95
Upgrades from previous MediaEspresso versions are available starting at US $19.95
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people CREATE & PLAY with multimedia content on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found at cyberlink.com
Anne Shih, +886-2-8667-1298 ext. 2448
Kazutaka Aiso, +81-3-5875-6650
Gail Scibelli, +1-617-986-5026
Volker Maxisch, +31-43-306-0797
Laëtitia D’Urso, +33-(0)1-41104111
Maggie Zaboura, +44-1491-639-172