Biometric Headphones Will Optimize Workouts for Ultra-marathoners, Aspirational Exercisers and Everyone in Between
NEW YORK — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 14, 2014 — SMS Audio LLC ( www.SMSAudio.com), a premier audio headphone and accessories brand from Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, together with Intel Corporation announced a collaboration to develop the first heart-pounding personal audio system converging lifestyle and technology innovation for an exceptional fitness experience. The SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones powered by Intel will bring smart exercise capabilities to athletes of all levels later this year.
SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones powered by Intel - Blue (Photo: Business Wire)
With today’s announcement, Intel and SMS Audio are merging lifestyle requirements with technology innovation to enhance the fitness experience. The SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones powered by Intel will extend the recently launched SMS Audio Sport Collection and harness advanced technology features to deliver high-quality audio while gathering actionable data on fitness progress.
A global audio headphone and accessories brand, SMS Audio is dedicated to improving the way people around the world experience music by combining technology, function and style to bring a high-quality sound, comfort and fashion to every product. Intel and SMS Audio have partnered to fuse fitness with technology by combining the latest in fitness-monitoring biometric technology with high-quality audio and style.
“The wearable technology collaboration between SMS Audio and Intel elevates our capability to bring smart exercise to consumers,” said Brian M. Nohe, president of SMS Audio. “With the introduction of the SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones powered by Intel, we’re now the first to provide this level of integrated, seamless and helpful biometric information to inspire customers to advance their fitness experiences.”
“Intel is focused on driving innovation in the wearable technology segment by partnering with lifestyle brands like SMS Audio that complement our technology and design expertise,” said Michael Bell, corporate vice president and general manager of the New Devices Group at Intel. “With SMS Audio, we will bring smart headphones to market that eliminate the inconvenience of add-on devices with an integrated, one-device fitness accessory offering high-end style and premier sound quality for an exceptional fitness experience. This is a prime example of Intel driving innovation in wearable devices while being a forerunner in merging lifestyle and technology.”
SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones Product Highlights:
The SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones powered by Intel will deliver an exceptional experience while working out without sacrificing audio quality for those who demand more from life and more from music. The headphones will integrate biometric sensors in a custom heart rate monitor in-ear headphone to empower athletes to collect fitness data and achieve peak physical performance. A patented ear-hook design ensures a comfortable fit while an energy-harvesting audio jack removes the need for extra batteries or chargers.
- Fusing Fitness with Technology: A built-in optical sensor that continuously measures heart rate during intense exercise, states of relaxation and every moment in between - while dynamically removing noise signals caused by body motion and ambient light.
- One-Device Workout Accessory for Ultimate Comfort: A jointly developed heart rate monitor in-ear headphone will put an end to the less convenient, less comfortable chest strap-style monitor while delivering reliable and consistent heart rate monitoring to enable peak performance and progress tracking.
- Tuned-in Fitness: Listen to music as a way to stay motivated and reach optimal levels of fitness while gathering useful data about the user’s health.
- No Batteries or Charging Required: Eliminate the need to charge the headphones with a 3.5 mm gold-plated audio jack that powers the biometric monitoring capabilities so users have the freedom of on-the-go power.
- Sweat and Water Resistant: No need to worry about working out too hard or in the rain – the SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones are IPX4 rated for protection against sweat and resistance to water.
- Sync with RunKeeper: To help track your heart rate, pace, distance, elevation and calorie burn, the SMS Audio BioSport In-Ear Headphones will be compatible with popular mainstream fitness app RunKeeper, with additional application support planned in the future. RunKeeper support will enable users to plan fitness routines and track progress – pushing enthusiasts to reach peak performance.
- Accessories: The headphones will come with a tangle-free cord with an in-line microphone, neoprene carrying case, and three sizes of ear gels and hooks.