AMD FirePro professional graphics offer outstanding OpenCL performance powered by the award-winning AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture(1) for professional application capability in a wide variety of work environments such as product development, mechanical CAD (computer-aided design), and engineering as well as to artists, video editors, photographers and designers.
"Together, AMD and HP offer desktop and mobile workstation users leading-edge technologies that provide design, engineering, and media and entertainment users with high performance, next-generation professional graphics processors for exceptional workstation performance," said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. "HP desktop and mobile workstation users can benefit from increased GPU memory sizes, superior multi-display 4K support, quality drivers and certified ISV applications -- all designed to redefine workstation performance, enabling users to do more."
"AMD FirePro professional graphics help our customers with mission-critical projects that demand productivity features especially for computer-aided design and content creation," said Jeff Wood, vice president, Worldwide Product Management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. "With this in mind, we know our workstation customers can rely on AMD FirePro professional graphics with robust driver and application support backed by the performance they demand."
The next generation AMD FirePro W-series workstation graphics family brings at least 2x more graphics memory over the previous generation, multi-display 4K capability, high compute performance, next generation API support and PCIe® 3.0 support, including:
- A powerhouse for both engineering plus media and entertainment multimedia workstations, the AMD FirePro W7100, with 8GB GDDR5 memory, is designed to boost performance and support for 4K content, including video playback, editing and transcoding;
- With 4GB of GDDR5 memory and four display outputs on AMD FirePro W5100 graphics cards, users can tackle complex models, assemblies, data sets and advanced visual effects with ease;
- Unlike consumer graphics that are built and sold by multiple companies, AMD FirePro W2100 graphics cards are designed and built exclusively by AMD, delivering consistent quality, performance and reliability.
Based upon similar features and performance as the desktop AMD FirePro W-series, AMD FirePro M-series mobile professional graphics offer portability and features such as:
- Quality Driver Support: Based on AMD GCN Architecture, AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics are built for performance supported by high-quality software drivers that are finely tuned to work optimally with leading workstation applications;
- Intelligent Power Features: AMD Enduro Technology allows AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics to optimize battery life. The power features are inherently dynamic, delivering prompt performance when needed and adjusting GPU requirements when in idle mode;
- Display Support: AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics offer support for DisplayPort 1.2a plus support for ultra-high definition 4K displays.
In addition to these system offerings, the AMD FirePro W9100 is currently available on the HP Tested and Certified list. AMD FirePro W9100 offers supercomputing-class performance, enabling workstation users to tackle complex modeling and simulation projects with speed and agility, or fly through edits, filters and color corrections, and process multiple effects in real-time.
AMD FirePro professional graphics will be available in new HP desktop and mobile workstations later this month.
- Learn more about AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics
- Learn more about AMD FirePro professional graphics
- Learn more about applications certified for AMD FirePro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD professional graphics on Twitter -- @AMDFirePro
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
(1) The GCN Architecture and its associated features (AMD Enduro, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, DDM Audio, and 28nm production) are exclusive to the AMD FirePro W4170M, M4100, M5100 and M6100 mobile professional graphics. Not all technologies are supported in all system configurations -- check with your system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
Contact: John Swinimer AMD Public Relations (289) 695-0600 email@example.com