Young non-profit aims to transform unused billboards into works of artLOS ANGELES, April 28, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — The Billboard Creative (TBC) Q1 2015 public art show is open on 14 billboards throughout Hollywood and Los Angeles (see map at www.thebillboardcreative.com/map). This is the inaugural show from The Billboard Creative ( www.thebillboardcreative.com), a non-profit founded in 2014 with the goals of giving artists access to a mass audience and making art as assessable to Angelenos as the numerous billboards they view every day. The boards are on display through May 15.
The show includes works in a range of media by 14 artists from seven countries:
- Lisa Adams, Los Angeles, painting
- Craig Deppen Auge, Kansas City, MO, mixed media collage
- George Bates, Brooklyn, illustration
- Susan Bowen, New York, NY, photograph
- Paula Faraco, Berlin, photograph
- Colleen Flaherty, Northern California, painting
- Dai Ito, Shibuya-Ku, Japan, photograph
- Luisa Menazzi Moretto, Mogliano Veneto, Italy, photograph
- Joel Pedersen, San Diego, CA, photograph
- Andreea Radutoiu, Los Angeles, photo collage
- Sara Rossi, Perugia, Italy, painting
- Marie-Jossee Roy, Trois-Rivieres, Canada, mixed media on metal
- Hakan Sjostrom, Stockholm, Sweden, photograph
- ToTa (Ismini Christakopoulou and Thanasis Farangas), Vienna, Austria, digital art
Visual artist Cey Adams and art and photo curator Dee deLara curated the show.
"This is a grass-roots, volunteer-driven organization that is all about helping artists get their work exhibited to broad audiences and making art a part of the daily lives of more people," said Adam Santelli, TBC's founder. "I found out about remnant billboards last year and did a test and it was amazing to see pedestrians do double takes and come back to view the work. If we can get more artists' work out there, and have people who are walking and driving around LA pause and think 'what is that - that's interesting or cool or beautiful,' we'll consider the show a success."
Artists' submission fees funded billboard space rental for the show. Santelli refers to it as an artist crowd-funding model. Angelenos can download a show map, with addresses and QR codes with Google Maps for each billboard location, at www.thebillboardcreative.com/map.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/look-up-billboard-creative-art-show-open-on-the-streets-of-la-through-may-15-300073784.html
SOURCE The Billboard Creative
|The Billboard Creative
Email Contact 323-791-4495