Speakers Include Executives from CNN, FOX Sports Media Group, NASA, Nature Conservancy and More
SAN JOSE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 14, 2015 — Dozens of educational sessions and case studies will be offered at this November’s Drone World Expo and will be led by thought leaders, industry experts and end-users who will present real-world solutions. The education program, which is being offered at no charge to qualified end-users, will bring thousands of professionals to the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California from Tuesday, November 17 through Wednesday, November 18, 2015. The event is sponsored by DJI, DroneDeploy and Precision Integrated.
Conference sessions that have already been planned include Playing by the Rules in the US and Abroad – Regulators and End Users Share Their Experiences; Drones for Good - Environmental and Humanitarian Efforts Made Possible by UAS; UAS Insurance – an Interactive Workshop; Safely Enabling Low-Altitude UAS Operations; How Drones are Transforming Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT); Looking for Funding? Do's and Don'ts from the Investment Community; Drone Delivery - Possibilities Beyond the Line of Sight; and The DWE Town Meeting where attendees’ most pressing questions will be answered.
In addition, a series of real-world case studies will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about success stories and how to avoid mistakes and pitfalls by hearing from those who have already encountered them.
“We have been working closely with our world renowned Advisory Board to develop an outstanding conference program for our attendees,” said Joel Davis, CEO, JD Events, producers of the event. “The program will include several case studies given by end-users focusing on the use of drones in agriculture, real estate, video and film, oil and gas, construction, conservation, utilities and other industries.”
More information on speakers and topics can be found at www.droneworldexpo.com.
Following is a preliminary list to date of industry leaders who have joined the Drone World Expo speaker roster:
- Gregory Agvent, Senior Director, News Operations, CNN
- Robert Blair, Farmer, Agriculture UAV Expert, Empire Unmanned
- Mark Burns, Owner, Burnz Eye View
- Brad Cheney, Director, Technical Operations, FOX Sports Media Group
- John “JC” Coffey, Director, Cherokee Nation Unmanned Systems supporting NOAA UAS Program Office
- Dallas Cormier, Electric Distribution Engineering PMII, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Michael Drobac, Executive Director, Small UAV Coalition
- Lisa Ellman, Counsel, McKenna Long & Aldridge, LLP
- Jonathan Evans, CEO, Skyward
- Brad Hayden, President & CEO, RoboticSkies
- Jesse Kallman, Head of Business Development & Regulatory Affairs, Airware
- Parimal "PK" Kopardekar, Manager, Safe Autonomous System Operations (SASO) Project, NASA
- Edy S. Liongosari, Managing Director, Accenture Technology Labs
- Matt Merrifield, CTO, The Nature Conservancy of California
- Max Motschwiller, Partner, Meritech Capital
- Dr. Gregory McNeal, Associate Professor of Law & Public Policy (JD/PhD), Pepperdine University, Forbes Contributor
- Brandon Packman, Lumbermens Insurance and Risk Solutions
- John Palatiello, Executive Director, MAPPS
- Chris Proudlove, SVP, Manager Northeast Regional Office & Complex Risks, Global Aerospace Inc.
- Andreas Raptopoulos, CEO, Matternet
- Eileen Shibley, CEO, Monarch Inc.
- Colin Snow, CEO and Founder, Drone Analyst
- Chidambaram Somu, Virtual Construction Manager, DPR Construction
- Stephanie Spear, Commercial Regulatory Policy Representative, National Association of REALTORS®
- Douglas Trudeau, REALTOR®
- Paul Veisze, Geographic Information Officer, California State Parks
- Gretchen West, Vice President, Business Development & Regulatory Affairs, DroneDeploy