FastLinQ® 41000 Series enable Next Generation Cloud Data center and Enterprise with a Flexible, Future Proof, Secure and comprehensive networking and storage solutionSAN JOSE, Calif., June 27, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — Today, Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise and cloud data centers, announced the FastLinQ 41000 Series, its low power, second generation of 10/25/40/50GbE NIC and the industry's only NIC adapter with Universal RDMA, making it the industry's most advanced 10/25/40/50Gbps Ethernet NIC Family. Leveraging over a decade of networking technology expertise and industry leadership, the cost and power optimized FastLinQ 41000 Series deliver advanced networking for cloud and telco architectures. FastLinQ 41000 Series NICs are available immediately from Cavium and will soon be available from leading Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs worldwide in standard, mezzanine, LOM and OCP form factors.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/7839951-cavium-networks-fastlinq-41000-ethernet-adapters/
The unprecedented growth in demand for bandwidth is driving data center networks to be scalable and offer on-demand bandwidth provisioning and application agility. Data centers are expanding at a rapid pace as is the virtualization and container density for compute, driving the need for higher bandwidth between the server and switches. 25GbE, a new standard in networking, leverages the maximum potential of Multi-core processors, NVMe flash storage and cloud architectures to deliver 2.5 times the performance, reducing the power and cost per gigabit significantly. Although the cost, power and performance benefits of 25Gbps Ethernet technology are undisputed, enterprise and cloud data centers investing in 25GbE also require a flexible and highly interoperable solution. This can be a challenge considering the mix of pre-standard and standard-based 25GbE products in the market. In addition, the recent spurs in malware-led intrusion and data theft are driving private and public cloud networks to ensure that only trusted and validated software components get deployed. Enterprise and cloud data centers also have differing requirements driven by infrastructure and application workloads for latency and congestion management, so flexibility of the networking solution is key. Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series family effectively addresses these challenges while delivering a flexible and future proof networking solution.
The FastLinQ QL41000 family is the second generation of standards compliant 25/50GbE NICs and the industry's only NIC adapter family that delivers customers the technology choice and investment protection with support for concurrent RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP – Universal RDMA. The FastLinQ adapters coupled with leading server and networking platforms enable enterprise data centers to optimize their infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging built-in technologies like concurrent SR-IOV and NIC Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and QoS for tenant workloads and infrastructure traffic. Additionally, the FastLinQ adapters provide full Network Function Virtualization with excellent small packet performance with integration into DPDK and OpenStack enabling Cloud and Telcos/NFV customers to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding artificial intelligence, Big Data, CDN and Machine Learning workloads. Storage Acceleration and offloads like NVMe-oF™, NVMe-Direct, iSCSI, iSER and FCoE built into the FastLinQ QL41000 enable seamless upgrade paths from existing storage paradigms to next generation NVMe and persistent memory semantics. Enabling zero-touch automatic speed and FEC selection, Cavium FastLinQ SmartAN™ technology virtually eliminates interoperability challenges in physical layer networks.
"The addition of FastLinQ 41000 Series of highly optimized 10/25/40/50GbE NICs to Cavium's broad Ethernet NIC portfolio enables Cavium to meet and exceed the requirements of the most demanding enterprise, telco and cloud applications and deliver scalability to drive business growth," said Rajneesh Gaur, Vice President and General Manager of Ethernet Adapter Group, Cavium. "FastLinQ 41000 Series provides a highly differentiated solution by delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and seamless interoperability with a broad ecosystem of Ethernet switching and server solutions using SmartAN™ technology".
Purpose-built for accelerating and simplifying data center networking, Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series Ethernet technology delivers:
- Enterprise Class Reliability, Flexibility and Security – With millions of Ethernet ports shipped, and a flexible architecture that delivers faster time to market and future proofing for new and emerging technologies, FastLinQ Ethernet NICs are amongst the top choices for enterprise data centers. Cavium SmartAN technology enables adaptive link controls for seamless zero-touch interoperability with industry wide 25/100GbE switches and cables. Extensive and robust support of a broad variety of enterprise and cloud operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware ESXi, FreeBSD and Solaris for seamless integration for diverse application platforms across x86, ARM, SPARC and Power8 architectures. Support for UEFI Secure Boot safeguards the FastLinQ NIC and ensures no rogue drivers are being executed on start-up, preventing the injection of malware.
- Cloud Ready – Industry's only network adapter that delivers the ultimate choice and investment protection with concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP. Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE enables customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance. Authenticated updates for NICs validate that signed firmware is correct and trusted to eliminate rogue firmware installation, reducing attack surfaces.
- Storage Acceleration – Concurrent full offload for NVMe-oF™, NVMe-Direct, SMB Direct, iSER, iSCSI and FCoE delivers up to 3M IOPS while consuming fewer server CPU cycles, leaving headroom for virtual applications and higher ROI on server investments with seamless upgrade paths of next gen storage connectivity.
- Telco and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Leading small packet performance, with line rate packet per second for 10/25Gbps Ethernet, MPLSoUDP offload, and integration with DPDK and OpenStack with Mirantis FUEL Plug-in, enables Telco's and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads.
FastLinQ 41000 Series Product Features:
- 10/25/40/50Gbps Ethernet connectivity across standard and OCP form factors
- PCIe Gen 3 x8 with backward compatibility
- Passive heat sink design
- Universal RDMA – Concurrent RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP
- Stateless offloads for VxLAN, NVGRE, GENEVE
- SmartAN for seamless 10/25GbE interoperability
- Full Storage protocol offloads for iSCSI, FCoE, iSER, NVMe-oF, SMB Direct
- Secure Firmware Update and UEFI secure boot
- Comprehensive Management across heterogeneous platforms with QConvergeConsole GUI and CLI
Industry's Most Comprehensive Network Adapter portfolio – Cavium offers the broadest set of Ethernet networking adapters – FastLinQ Standard Ethernet Adapters, Converged Networking Adapters and LiquidIO™ Intelligent NICs that cover the entire spectrum of customer Ethernet connectivity and offload requirements. Cavium Ethernet adapters are trusted by customers worldwide.
To learn more about how Cavium FastLinQ Universal RDMA Technology can deliver the ultimate in flexibility and choice - register for a joint Cavium – The Linley Group Webinar
Partner Supporting Quotes
"Arista Networks, as a fellow founder of the 25G Ethernet consortium, recognizes the need for a strong ecosystem. We have partnered with Cavium to ensure availability of tested and interoperable solutions for hyperscale data centers," said Martin Hull, Senior Director Product Management for Arista Networks. "Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series of 10/25G NICs and Arista's portfolio of 25G leaf and spine systems deliver backward compatibility and investment protection with standards compliance."
"Software Defined Networking and Storage Spaces Direct are the foundation of Windows Server Software Defined (WSSD) solution offerings – a key tenet of Microsoft's hybrid cloud strategy that enables highly flexible, economical, and cloud-scale data centers," said Ravi Rao, Group Manager, Windows Networking, Microsoft Corp. "We are pleased to see Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series of 10/25GbE NICs, with support for RoCE, RoCEv2, and iWARP, achieve SDDC Premium certification that proves their ability to power software defined data centers built using Windows Server 2016."
"Most clouds and data centers today run on Ubuntu, the leading Cloud OS. Canonical is pleased to partner with Cavium FastLinQ to announce NVMe-oF support on Ubuntu 17.04 to supply the industry's high performing and low-latency storage networks needed for today's data centric applications," said Anand Krishnan, EVP of Cloud, Canonical
"Today's enterprise and telecommunications infrastructures rely on open source innovations like OpenStack and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK). These same infrastructures also require a new level of connectivity, such as that enabled by the Cavium FastLinQ™ 41000 Series," said Gunnar Hellekson, senior director, Product Management, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat. "Red Hat is proud to help lead this open source innovation, and we are pleased to work with Cavium and other contributors on technologies such as RDMA and DPDK to help power the open, connected infrastructure of the future."