SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 01, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NVIDIA will host thousands of the world’s leading AI experts at its ninth annual
GPU Technology Conference (GTC) on March 26-29 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang will deliver a keynote address on Tuesday, March 27, at 9 a.m. Pacific time to an expected 8,000 attendees representing the diverse, rapidly expanding AI and GPU computing community.
“GTC is where the world’s leading researchers and business leaders learn how to harness the power of AI,” said Greg Estes, vice president of Developer Programs at NVIDIA. “As GPU computing continues to drive the AI revolution, GTC is where you’ll see the future take shape.”
The four-day conference will feature:
- 600+ sessions in fields such as self-driving cars, high-performance computing, robotics, healthcare, Smart Cities, data center and cloud computing, defense, life sciences, computer and machine vision, and VR. See the GTC session schedule.
- 2,700+ companies and leading universities represented, including Adobe, Alibaba, Amazon, Baidu, BMW Group, Capital One, Ford, GE, Google, JP Morgan Chase, Lockheed Martin, Mayo Clinic, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, MIT, NASA, NYU, Pixar, Salesforce, Stanford, Tencent, Toyota Research Institute, Uber, VMware, Walmart and Walt Disney Imagineering. Major sponsors include Facebook, IBM, Cisco, Dell EMC, Google Cloud, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Inspur, Lenovo and Supermicro.
- 150+ exhibitors will show state-of-art technology, much of which will debut at the conference, offering unique hands-on opportunities and interaction with the companies who are leading the AI revolution and making VR, self-driving cars and more a reality.
- 200+ startups demonstrating their disruptive technologies. Show attendees can vote for the world’s top AI startups at NVIDIA’s Inception Awards Finale on Tuesday, March 27, from 4:30-5:30 pm Pacific time.
- 60+ hands-on training sessions, covering topics such as AI fundamentals, autonomous vehicles, CUDA programming, AI for genomics, embedded applications, OpenACC and VR. NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute certified instructors will deliver more than 100 hours of training to thousands of data scientists, using the latest AI frameworks and software development kits.
- Two Global Impact Award winners will receive $200,000 in prizes for their pioneering work addressing important social and humanitarian problems using GPU computing.
Since its debut in 2009, GTC has grown in attendance by nearly 10x. This year it will occupy the entire 373,000 square-foot convention center.
Register to attend GTC at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/.
NVIDIA’s (NASDAQ:NVDA) invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. More information at http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/.
For further information, contact:
PR Director for AI/DL and Data Center
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements as to: the expected event details, topics and attendees for GTC are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: global economic conditions; our reliance on third parties to manufacture, assemble, package and test our products; the impact of technological development and competition; development of new products and technologies or enhancements to our existing product and technologies; market acceptance of our products or our partners’ products; design, manufacturing or software defects; changes in consumer preferences or demands; changes in industry standards and interfaces; unexpected loss of performance of our products or technologies when integrated into systems; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended October 30, 2017. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on the company’s website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
© 2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability and specifications are subject to change without notice.