RALEIGH, N.C., April 4, 2018 — (PRNewswire) —
RALEIGH, N.C., April 4, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- FMI Corporation, the leading provider of management consulting and investment banking services to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment, is pleased to announce the release of its "2018 M&A Trends for Engineering and Construction" report. The publication provides an overview of key trends driving merger and acquisition activity in today's North American engineering and construction market and highlights notable recent deals.
Alex Miller, managing director of FMI Capital Advisors, Inc., states, "2017 was another active year for M&A activity in the engineering and construction industry. Based on our most recent survey, industry participants believe the momentum will continue into 2018. Nearly three-quarters of all respondents believe M&A activity will increase in 2018 compared to 2017, and nearly 70% of respondents indicated that acquisitions are 'a part of (their) current strategy,' compared to 60% last year."
Some of the report's key findings include:
- More than 20% of all M&A transactions in the E&C industry last year had a public company buyer, the highest level since 2011. This has continued into 2018 with multiple announced deals.
- Consolidation among design firms continues: In our survey, 94% of firms that identified themselves as "Design/Engineering/Architecture" said acquisitions were a part of their current strategy, and nearly half said that they had completed an acquisition during the past year.
- International interest in U.S. and Canadian markets continues to grow.
- Private equity investors are ramping up investments in the E&C space and seeking new niches that are helping industry firms change corporate directions.
- In addition to traditional mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) are becoming a popular alternative exit strategy.
To access FMI's "2018 M&A Trends for Engineering and Construction" report, please
For over 65 years, FMI has been the leading management consulting and investment banking firm dedicated exclusively to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment.
FMI serves all sectors of the industry as a trusted advisor. More than six decades of context, connections and insights lead to transformational outcomes for clients and the industry.
FMI helps you build your foundation for tomorrow and optimize your business for today. Industry Focus. Powerful Results.
For more information, please visit http://www.fminet.com. Follow FMI on Twitter and LinkedIn.
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE FMI Corporation
|Company Name: FMI Corporation