Box positioned in Leaders Quadrant for the fifth consecutive year
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 11, 2018 — Box, Inc. (NYSE: BOX), a leader in cloud content management, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms for the fifth consecutive year. Box was evaluated as one of 14 vendors in the market and was positioned the furthest for completeness of vision.
“In this once-in-a-lifetime move to the cloud, every business is seeing a shift to meet the demands of digital transformation. With this transition, enterprises recognize the need to modernize and create a digital workplace, collaborate internally and with partners, drive agility and innovation, and secure their most critical information in one unified cloud platform,” said Jeetu Patel, Chief Product Officer for Box. “We’re proud that our leadership is showcased in this Magic Quadrant and demonstrates that Box is uniquely positioned to serve the largest and most regulated organizations by enabling best-of-breed productivity across a modern IT stack and eliminating content silos.”
For Gartner’s Magic Quadrants, vendors within a specific market segment are measured on their completeness of vision and their ability to execute. The 2018 report states that, "in pursuit of digital workplace and digital transformation initiatives, organizations want to promote new work styles, approaches and paradigms – and increasingly optimize business processes. CCPs connect and empower people, enabling new productivity, collaboration and efficiency." We believe this research recognizes Box’s key strength as successful customer adoption of its core productivity and collaboration capabilities and content services.
Box makes it easy for more than 85,000 organizations around the world and 69 percent of the Fortune 500 to power their digital workplaces, removing barriers for employees to share, access and collaborate securely on their most critical content. As a result, Box is consistently named a leader across the industry analyst community. Box has also been named a leader in a variety of respected analyst reports, including:
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management — Business Content Services, Q2 2017
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share for Cloud Solutions, Q4 2017
- Nucleus Research ECM Value Matrix 2017
First half of FY2019 highlights include:
- Announced the general availability of always on Box GxP Validation, enabling organizations subject to FDA regulations to manage both unregulated and regulated content in one platform.
- Introduced a simple self-serve solution for global data privacy preparedness and new Box Consulting services to help enterprises understand and meet key data protection regulations, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Announced the general availability of Box Drive to power seamless collaboration streamed directly from the desktop.
- Released new capability to create metadata-driven retention policies for Box Governance, offering customers powerful, flexible and customizable controls over their data.
- Launched new Box Admin Insights Dashboard, providing IT admins with enhanced visibility, governance and understanding of how their employees leverage Box globally.
- Launched multizone support for Box Zones, giving customers the choice to store data in and collaborate seamlessly across any of Box’s existing seven Zones, all from a single Box instance.
- Progressly joined Box to help businesses create a digital workplace, automate workflow, and transform business processes.
- Announced the expansion of the private beta program for Box Skills – the breakthrough framework for applying state-of-the-art machine learning technologies, such as computer vision and video indexing, to content stored in Box.
- Butter.ai joined Box to bring intelligent search to the enterprise.
To hear how innovative companies across industries are using technology
to transform their business, join us at BoxWorks 2018, August 29-30th at
Moscone Center in San Francisco