In 2015, FARO disrupted the large CMM market with the powerful Super 6DoF TrackArm solution that integrated the FARO Vantage tracker and the FaroArm®. This patented, comprehensive solution is capable of measuring or scanning over tens of meters with no loss in accuracy, no line of sight issues and simultaneous measurement by many operators.
Today, FARO is proud to introduce the 6Probe, a fully integrated hand-held probe for easily probing hidden, hard-to-reach features in hard-to-reach locations. Together, the Super 6DoF TrackArm and the 6Probe offer the most complete solution portfolio at an unbeatable price for every measurement need, large and small. This new functionality addresses a wide range of large scale metrology applications across a variety of manufacturing focused industries including automotive, aerospace, construction, heavy equipment and shipbuilding.
"We challenge anyone in the industry to dispute this statement of fact: the patented FARO Super 6DoF and 6Probe total solution is the most complete, most adaptable metrology platform that manufacturers will ever need. Whatever you assemble or manufacture, large or small, easy or hard to reach, complex or simple this platform can meet your needs with the best value combination of performance and price," stated Simon Raab PhD, CEO and early innovator in portable, adaptable 3D measurement.
The 6DoF FARO Vantage product family includes two high performance models, the VantageE6 with an operating range of 35 meters and the VantageS6 with an operating range of 80 meters. Both are tested to rigorous International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards for shock, vibration and extreme thermal conditions and are IP52 rated for dust and water resistance.
Mass Market Accuracy
Based on 30+ years of FARO experience in delivering high value metrology-grade solutions, exhaustive internal testing and feedback from a cross section of tenured metrology professionals, the accuracy and dynamic measurement capability delivered by the 6Probe reliably addresses the overwhelming majority of large-volume 3D measurement challenges. In combination with the Super 6DoF, which can achieve even higher accuracies, the Vantage platform now meets every need. The high-performance value proposition of the new Vantage 6DoF platform with Super 6DOF and 6Probe will facilitate broader adoption of laser trackers, making integrated, total quality available to all industries.
Both Vantage models include ActiveSeek functionality with wide-angle viewing, which allows users to confidently move from one location to the next without concern. This improves general productivity by allowing users to start the actual measurement process faster and makes sophisticated 3D measurement accessible to all.
"We have a long history of a being a high-value solutions provider for large scale measurement," stated Pete Edmonds, Vice President - Factory Metrology. "Given industry frustration with questionable performance or extra premium price points, FARO has made a conscious decision to deliver a mass industrial market, cost effective solution directed at the broader population of users and applications, which have been underserved to date. The powerful combination of 6DoF, Super 6DoF and ActiveSeek enables a new ease of use standard across the entire user industry."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content to download multimedia: