The Optor Series is a tightly integrated, one stop solution that includes both structured light 3D scanner hardware with infrared technology and the most advanced and powerful 3D scanning software. The portfolio includes two unique digital dental scanners, Optor Lab and Optor Clinic. Each scanner includes its own software which ensures a seamless, optimized, workflow even as software or hardware gets updated over time. Optor software ranges from an Expert user mode to Guided procedure functionality where users can be directed through a series of steps, so even beginner technicians are able to easily and effectively drive the hardware to best in class outcomes.
Optor Lab ( https://www.faro.com/faro-optor-lab/)
Optor Lab is specifically geared to dental laboratories and dental technicians for use cases that include prosthesis, removable frameworks, impressions and orthodontics. It can be seamlessly downloaded into the most popular digital dentistry CAD solutions in the industry for a confident and unbroken workflow. The dedicated OptorL™ software package is designed to be modular, so customers can selectively purchase the feature package/packages that best meet their combined financial and outcome requirements. Options range from accelerated scanning speed up to 50% faster, enhanced scanning accuracy up to 5 micrometers and/or color scanning, and/or single camera acquisition that allows for increased completeness of the data e.g. more in-depth data about holes or geometric nuances that a scan cannot provide.
Optor Clinic ( https://www.faro.com/faro-optor-clinic/)
Optor Clinic is specifically directed to dentists and dental clinics for use cases that include implantology, impressions and prosthesis. It is fully automated and able to scan up to three impressions simultaneously. The operator simply has to put the impression in the scanner and, with just a few clicks, can scan the impression. The user does not have to move or manually rotate the object.
"3D dentistry is not the future, it is the present," stated Thorsten Brecht Senior Director 3D Design. "Optor delivers the highest level of accuracy, precision and data completeness so there is no logical reason that the industry should not rush headlong into 3D digitization and away from manual processes. Time is money and, since digitization results in fewer errors and better results in significantly less time, it not only increases customer satisfaction but also significantly enhances bottom lines across the dental industry".
Optor Lab and Optor Clinic will be available for delivery in July 2019. A potential future addition to the portfolio, Optor Body, is currently showcased in the FARO Early Adopter Program https://early-adopter.faro.com/. It acquires the face and tracks the movements of the lower jaw under different conditions and is geared to dentists and dental clinics for smile design and ethical prosthesis applications.
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design - Capture and edit 3D shapes of products, people, and/or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics - Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-announces-optor-series-3d-scanners-for-digital-dentistry-300806661.html
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.
|Company Name: FARO Technologies, Inc.
Robert Gourdine, Vice President, Global Marketing
Financial data for FARO Technologies, Inc.