May 20, 2019 -- DATADVANCE development team announces the immediate availability of pSeven 6.15, a new version of our flagship platform for data analysis and optimization. This major update brings notable enhancements in design exploration and predictive modeling, and further extends pSeven’s optimization and integration capabilities. The release adds the support for categorical and discrete variables in various techniques and predictive modeling tools in Analyze, refines the existing linked selection functionality and contains various convenience features to take customer experience with the platform a step further. Read on for more information on these release highlights and for other details.
Design Exploration Enhancements include the redesigned Uncertainty quantification block and various improvements to the Adaptive design technique.
- Reworked and updated UQ block and renamed it to Uncertainty quantification. Some of its noteworthy features the brand new configuration dialog, SmartSelection support, support for advanced configuration scenarios, and other.
- Improvements to the Adaptive design technique: increased performance when generating a uniform high-dimensional DoE with no objectives but with a high number of linear constraints, and better support for sample-based generation when response evaluation is disabled. The technique will now generate uniformly distributed points, avoiding clusterization.
- The Adaptive design for GP technique also received important updates.
Design Optimization Improvements Include several convenience features and updates in the internal optimization algorithms, which noticeably increase the block’s performance in constrained optimization problems.
Predictive Modeling Enhancements
In this version, we continue to refine the functionality of the Model builder tool in Analyze. The highlights are:
- Functional and performance improvements in the Smart Selection mode
- New special model training mode, in which pSeven tests the training sample to find linear dependencies between responses, and trains a model which keeps these dependencies.
- Load balancing and computational resource utilization improvement when training approximation models in parallel mode, which is default in SmartSelection.
pSeven 6.15 extends the functionality of a few direct integration blocks.
Developed Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) support. The FMI model block is promoted to release blocks and is no longer tagged as beta. The STAR-CCM+ block, first introduced in pSeven 6.14, was updated with the new method to offload simulations to a remote host via SSH. In previous versions, the block could only connect to an already running remote STAR-CCM+ server.
The Excel block was updated to support paths to the Excel document and export files as inputs sent to the new Document file and Export file ports, so one can now dynamically load different documents to the block during a workflow run, or save each version of the working document as a new file, or select the new ports as workflow parameters so that the working documents can be quickly changed in Run.
Extended Categorical and Discrete Variables Support
- The Surrogate-based optimization and Adaptive design techniques now fully support discrete variables with non-integer values.
- Added the support for categorical variables in the SPLT and GBRT approximation techniques in Model builder.
- Improved handling models with categorical variables in the predictive modeling tools in Analyze.
More Synchronized Plots
pSeven 6.14 added the linked selection functionality to synchronize selections between Sample viewer, 2D plot and Parallel coordinates plot. pSeven 6.15 also adds Page viewer to this set of tools which support linked selection.
A Page viewer in the linked selection mode can show additional details for rows you select in a linked Sample viewer, 2D plot, or Parallel coordinates plot. You can also use it to thumb through the plotted design points, or to jump to a specific point by its index.
Custom Block Icons
We have enabled custom icons for the Composite, Program, PythonScript, and Text blocks, helping in workflow editing and navigation.
In this version, we have also resolved a number of issues and bugs. For a detailed list of updates, please see the release changelog. You can also contact us to get more information and pSeven updates. www.datadvance.net