Attendees will be the first to learn about CIMdata's analysis of 2019's PLM market results.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, USA, 11 December 2019 - CIMdata, Inc., the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) consulting and research firm, announces its 2020 PLM Market & Industry Forum schedule and theme. The one-day events will be held in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA on March 25; Frankfurt, Germany on April 2; Pune, India on April 6; Shanghai, China on April 10; and Tokyo, Japan on April 14.
CIMdata's PLM Market & Industry Forum is designed exclusively for PLM software providers, PLM service providers, PLM systems integrators, and PLM channel partners of all sizes. Forum attendees will explore the challenges currently facing the PLM market. Presentations will offer insights into the current economic climate, leading trends, and their effects on the PLM economy. There will be a detailed look at the state and trends of current and future PLM markets, and the eagerly awaited first public release of CIMdata's 2019 PLM market analysis results.
The theme for 2020 is "Products, Smartly Connected." In this industry-leading forum, CIMdata will explore best practices and identify gaps in the processes and tools for developing smart, connected products. Many of the enabling technologies, like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Augmented Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML), are early in their adoption lifecycle so there is still a lot of experimentation driving learning. With these talks, CIMdata hopes to kickstart the conversation on engineering smart, connected products that meet and exceed customer and market requirements.
According to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata's Vice President and Head of Research, "The phrase 'smart, connected products' has been in vogue for the last five years, but the idea has been a reality in some industries for many more. The advent of cheap sensors, computing, and ubiquitous networks helped foster the explosion of smart, connected products in many industries. In a recent CIMdata survey of industrial manufacturers, 28% said smart, connected products were 'Very Important' to their company today, jumping to 72% in three years. Another 24% said that they will be 'Important' in three years, a total of 96%! But are industrial companies ready to thrive in this smart, connected world? CIMdata believes that the work to date barely scratches the surface of what is possible."
- The current state of PLM
- PLM global market analysis for the 2019 calendar year
- Synching Siloed Development
- xBOM Management Across the Lifecycle
- Closed-Loop Product Development
- A&D Action Group Research Update
- Agile Methodologies & PLM
- Closing the Smart, Connected Lifecycle Loop with IoT