For over six decades, SME's International Honor Awards have honored professionals whose bodies-of-work have led to critical breakthroughs and advancements in manufacturing technologies, processes and education.
"We're proud to recognize these distinguished honorees for their essential and ongoing efforts in this vital industry," said Sandra Bouckley, P.Eng., FSME, executive director and CEO of SME. "Our five awardees have changed the landscape of manufacturing and SME, making both stronger, more advanced and inclusive than ever before."
- Eli Whitney Productivity Award — Bert Lauwers, Prof. Dr. Ir., FSME, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- Joseph A. Siegel Service Award — Cecil W. Schneider, FSME, PE, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. (retired), Big Canoe, Georgia
- SME Frederick W. Taylor Research Medal — Fuewen "Frank" Liou, PhD, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri
- SME Education Award — Albert Shih, PhD, FSME, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- SME Gold Medal — Jian Cao, PhD, FSME, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
The five 2020 winners will receive their awards during SME's International Honor Awards Gala on Sunday, May 31 in Pittsburgh.
SME is currently accepting nominations for the 2021 International Honor Awards The submission deadline is Aug. 1. Award and nomination information is available at sme.org/awards.
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With nearly 90 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through the SME Education Foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advance manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/manufacturing-leaders-selected-as-2020-sme-international-honor-award-winners-301020811.html
|Company Name: SME
Dianna Helka, SME, O: 313.425.3267