Computer-Based, Self-Paced GD&T Training Course to Enrich Mechanical Engineering CurriculumMCKINNEY, Texas, March 24, 2020 — (PRNewswire) —
MCKINNEY, Texas, March 24, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Sigmetrix, a company focused on enabling clients to design better products through mechanical variation management, announced today the availability of their academic program for their Computer-Based Fundamentals of GD&T Training Course (ASME).
Many institutes of higher education have struggled with a way to effectively include GD&T training into their curricula where it would add significant value for their students. Sigmetrix is offering a computer-based tool to help educators augment their existing curriculum with a flexible, self-paced course covering the fundamentals of the language. The ability to author and understand GD&T is becoming more important than ever as industries shift to improve the way their part requirements are defined and communicated throughout the companies and their supply chains.
Educators will be able to enrich their curriculum with this new computer-based course that will allow students to access our Level 1 training course that includes a combination of videos and slides along with quizzes and tests. This course is designed to engage students and help them learn faster and more deeply by enabling them to focus on new concepts at their own pace. Interactive quizzes that give immediate results will support understanding of the material and will help develop the student's intuition.
- There are 21 units including an introduction that covers the major concepts in GD&T. Each unit is 10 to 60 minutes in length depending on the concepts covered and the student's pace.
- Intuitive user portal contains all the content in one window.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android allows users to download course to take it offline.
- Quizzes at the end of modules allow students to ascertain their grasp of the concepts and revisit material when needed.
- Reference materials included: The Journeyman's Guide to GD&T, GD&T Update Guide: ASME Y14.5-2009, and GD&T Visual Glossary.
"We receive many inquiries for computer-based GD&T Training. It's a complex topic, and while some of the advanced concepts are more clearly conveyed with an instructor leading the dialog, we wanted to develop a course covering the fundamentals of the language to meet the demands of the market," stated Stephen Werst, Director of Customer Success & Product at Sigmetrix.
Sigmetrix provides a complete portfolio enabling customers to build better products through mechanical variation management. They offer many solutions that can:
- Maximize the return on your MBD investment
- Improve profitability by balancing quality with manufacturing cost
- Achieve faster time to market by reducing design and prototype cycles
- Bring more innovative products to market through better understanding of mechanical variation
- Capture and communicate critical product and process knowledge within your organization
Contact Sigmetrix for the academic program detail at Email Contact, or visit https://www.sigmetrix.com/services/academic-program/.
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 20 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit their website at http://www.sigmetrix.com.
|Company Name: Sigmetrix
Be the first to review this article