- Covestro just announced the €1.61 billion acquisition of DSM's Resins & Functional Materials (RFM) business, which includes its additive manufacturing capabilities.
- In August 2020, Lubrizol expanded its footprint in the 3D printing sector with the acquisition of engineering and additive manufacturing service provider Avid Product Development.
Though a relatively small segment of the global TPE market, thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) are favored in 3D printing applications – notably in the production of aerospace parts – due to their:
- significant flexibility
- high level of elasticity
- resistance to tears, abrasions, and any damage caused by oils and solvents
Looking for More Information on the Global TPE Market?
The global market for thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) is forecast to grow 3.0% annually through 2024 to 7.0 million metric tons as penetration continues to expand in both developing and developed parts of the world and new TPE grades and compounds that improve performance continue to be developed.
Global Thermoplastic Elastomers, now available from The Freedonia Group, analyzes the global market for TPEs (defined as any thermoplastic material that exhibits elastomeric properties) by type and market. Historical data (2009, 2014, and 2019) and forecasts for 2024 are presented for global TPE demand in metric tons by product and market on a country-by-country and region-by-region basis.
TPE types encompassed in this study include:
- copolyester elastomers (COPEs)
- polyolefin elastomers (POEs)
- styrenic block copolymers (SBCs)
- thermoplastic polyolefins (TPOs)
- thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs)
- thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs)
- specialty types(including polyether block amide, silicone-based TPEs, fluoropolymer-based TPEs, and vinyl-based TPEs)
End-use markets for TPEs comprise:
- adhesives, sealants, and coatings
- asphalt and roofing
- consumer goods (including footwear)
- industrial products
- motor vehicles
- medical products
- others, including wire and cable jacketing
About The Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985 we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Each study includes product and market analyses and forecasts, in-depth discussions of important industry trends, and market share information. Studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com and are also available on www.marketresearch.com and www.profound.com.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-thermoplastic-elastomer-market-leaders-invest-in-3d-printing-301145290.html
SOURCE The Freedonia Group
|Company Name: The Freedonia Group