- Revenue of $127.9 million
- GAAP net loss of $405.1 million, or ($7.35) per diluted share, and non-GAAP net loss of $3.0 million, or ($0.05) per diluted share; Included in the GAAP net loss was a $386.2 million ($7.01 per share) non-cash goodwill impairment charge.
- Generated $2.6 million in cash from operations - $308.2 million net cash position with no debt
Q3 2020 Financial Results Summary:
- Revenue for the third quarter of 2020 was $127.9 million, compared to $157.5 million for the same period last year. The 18.8% reduction was primarily driven by the adverse impact of COVID-19 on the company’s customers throughout the industries into which the company sells its products and services.
- GAAP gross margin was 38.9% for the quarter, compared to 49.2% for the same period last year. Non-GAAP gross margin was 46.8% for the quarter, compared to 52.4% for the same period last year. GAAP and non-GAAP gross margin improved sequentially from Q2 by 170bp and 140bp, respectively. The company believes that gross margins will continue to recover as and when our customers return to their pre-COVID utilization levels.
- GAAP operating loss for the quarter was $404.3 million, compared to GAAP operating loss of $6.0 million for the same period last year, mainly due to the non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $386.2 million. Non-GAAP operating loss for the quarter was $1.0 million, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $8.1 million for the same period last year.
- GAAP net loss for the quarter was $405.1 million, or ($7.35) per diluted share, compared to GAAP net loss of $6.9 million, or ($0.13) per diluted share, for the same period last year, mainly due to the non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $386.2 million. Non-GAAP net loss for the quarter was $3.0 million, or ($0.05) per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $6.3 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP EBITDA was $5.2 million for the quarter, compared to $14.5 million for the same period last year. Non-GAAP EBITDA improved sequentially from Q2 by $6.8 million.
- The Company recorded a non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $386.2 million, or $7.01 per share, related to the Company’s FDM and PolyJet technologies, primarily as a result of the COVID-19 impact on the Company’s business.
- The Company generated $2.6 million of cash from operations and ended the period with $308.2 million in cash, cash equivalents and short-term deposits. The Company has no debt.
“We were pleased to see sequential improvements in both our top and bottom lines for this quarter, reflecting the beginning of a potential recovery from the pandemic,” said Yoav Zeif, CEO of Stratasys. “We are laser-focused on leading the polymer 3D printing market by delivering the most innovative, next-gen technologies to address the fastest-growing and most transformative manufacturing applications, while leveraging the strongest go-to-market infrastructure in our industry. We believe that our innovations of today will drive competitive production advantages for the factories of tomorrow, resulting in growth and value creation for our customers and shareholders.”
Stratasys Ltd. Q3 2020 Conference Call Details
The Company plans to hold the conference call to discuss its third quarter 2020 financial results on Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. (ET).
The investor conference call will be available via live webcast on the Stratasys Website at investors.stratasys.com, or directly at the following web address: https://78449.themediaframe.com/dataconf/productusers/ssys/mediaframe/41658/indexl.html
To participate by telephone, the U.S. toll-free number is 877-407-0619 and the international dial-in is +1-412-902-1012. Investors are advised to dial into the call at least ten minutes prior to the call to register. The webcast will be available for 6 months at investors.stratasys.com, or by accessing the above-provided web address.
Stratasys (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in additive manufacturing or 3D printing technology and is the manufacturer of FDM®, PolyJet™, and stereolithography 3D printers. The company’s technologies are used to create prototypes, manufacturing tools, and production parts for industries, including aerospace, automotive, healthcare, consumer products and education. For more than 30 years, Stratasys products have helped manufacturers reduce product-development time, cost, and time-to-market, as well as reduce or eliminate tooling costs and improve product quality. The Stratasys 3D printing ecosystem of solutions and expertise includes 3D printers, materials, software, expert services, and on-demand parts production.
To learn more about Stratasys, visit www.stratasys.com, the Stratasys blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook. Stratasys reserves the right to utilize any of the foregoing social media platforms, including the company's websites, to share material, non-public information pursuant to the SEC's Regulation FD. To the extent necessary and mandated by applicable law, Stratasys will also include such information in its public disclosure filings.
Stratasys is a registered trademark and the Stratasys signet is a trademark of Stratasys Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements in this press release regarding Stratasys' strategy, and the statements regarding its projected future financial performance, are forward-looking statements reflecting management's current expectations and beliefs. These forward-looking statements are based on current information that is, by its nature, subject to rapid and even abrupt change. Due to risks and uncertainties associated with Stratasys' business, actual results could differ materially from those projected or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the degree of our success at introducing new or improved products and solutions that gain market share; the degree of growth of the 3D printing market generally; the duration of the global COVID-19 pandemic, which, if extending for a further significant period of time, may continue to impact, in a material adverse manner, our operations, financial position and cash flows, and those of our customers and suppliers; the impact of potential shifts in the prices or margins of the products that we sell or services that we provide, including due to a shift towards lower-margin products or services; the impact of competition and new technologies; potential further charges against earnings that we could be required to take due to impairment of additional goodwill or other intangible assets; the extent of our success at successfully consummating acquisitions or investments in new businesses, technologies, products or services; potential changes in our management and board of directors; global market, political and economic conditions, and in the countries in which we operate in particular (including risks related to the impact of coronavirus on our operations, supply chain, liquidity, cash flow and customer orders); costs and potential liability relating to litigation and regulatory proceedings; risks related to infringement of our intellectual property rights by others or infringement of others' intellectual property rights by us; the extent of our success at maintaining our liquidity and financing our operations and capital needs; the impact of tax regulations on our results of operations and financial condition; and those additional factors referred to in Item 3.D “Key Information - Risk Factors”, Item 4, “Information on the Company”, Item 5, “Operating and Financial Review and Prospects,” and all other parts of our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2019 (the “2019 Annual Report”), which we filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “ SEC ”) on February 26, 2020. Readers are urged to carefully review and consider the various disclosures made throughout our 2019 Annual Report and the Report of Foreign Private Issuer on Form 6-K that attaches Stratasys’ unaudited, condensed consolidated financial statements and its review of its results of operations and financial condition, for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2020, which we are furnishing to the SEC on or about the date hereof, and our other reports filed with or furnished to the SEC, which are designed to advise interested parties of the risks and factors that may affect our business, financial condition, results of operations and prospects. Any guidance provided, and other forward-looking statements made, in this press release are made as of the date hereof, and Stratasys undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.