April 8th 2021 – MachineWorks Ltd, a leading supplier of software components to the engineering industry, is pleased to announce the release of MachineWorks 8.3, the latest major version of its flagship MachineWorks middleware.
Turning inserts imported as STL model (left) automatically split into convex cutting and non-cutting regions.
Headline enhancements include:
- New C# wrapper
- Support for complex concave polygonal tools, typically turning inserts
- Improved accuracy and performance of surface detection
- Improved detection of very small features during target part comparison
- Enhancements to Visicut snapshots and bookmarking.
- Direct access to dexel grid in Visicut sampled stocks for rest machining analysis
- New classify point against solid function for On Machine Verification and CMM applications
- Further enhancements to bending simulation
Find out more on our website
MachineWorks Ltd has been providing advanced 3D software engines to manufacturers and engineering software developers since 1994.
MachineWorks is the leading toolkit for CNC simulation and verification and is supplied embedded within a wide range of brands from major machine tool and CNC controller manufacturers and CAM software vendors. Polygonica is a leading engine for polygon-mesh modelling and is widely used in a range of markets including CAD, CAM, CAE and AM along with Medical, Dental, EDA, Metrology, AEC, Construction, Mining and other large capital asset industries.
Companies who integrate MachineWorks’ components into their software solutions include Dassault Systemes, Autodesk, Hexagon, ANSYS, Synopsys, AECOM, 3D Systems, Stratasys, OpenMind, CAMBRIO, Renishaw, Desktop Metal, Heidenhain, Okuma, DMG Mori, HCL, SolidCAM, Convergent Science, Topsolid, ZWSoft, Diota, CASTOR, CADS Additive and Go2CAM.