TROY, Mich., May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR), a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of simulation, high-performance computing, data analytics and artificial intelligence today released its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
“Altair had an excellent first quarter 2021, due in large measure to the strength of our constantly evolving software portfolio,” said James Scapa, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Altair. “Our vision of the convergence of simulation, HPC, and AI driving enterprise decisions is emerging as a clear imperative embraced by customers. This technical direction, which we identified early on and have invested in significantly, is important and manifest in all the markets we serve. We look forward to sharing our longer-term vision and strategy for the company at our virtual Investor Day on May 27.”
“I’m pleased to report our second consecutive quarter of record software revenue and total revenue, which far exceeded our expectations, led by strong renewal business and expansion in software,” said Matt Brown, Chief Financial Officer of Altair. “We’re executing on our mission to transform enterprise decision making, while driving top line revenue growth and maintaining a disciplined approach to spending to expand our profitability.”
First Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Software product revenue was $129.5 million compared to $108.4 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 19.5%
- Total revenue was $150.2 million compared to $131.5 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 14.2%
- Net income was $14.4 million compared to $6.0 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 138%. Diluted net income per share was $0.18 based on 79.3 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, compared to diluted net income per share of $0.08 for the first quarter of 2020, based on 77.0 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding
- Adjusted EBITDA was $37.0 million compared to $21.7 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 70.5%. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 24.6% compared to 16.5% for the first quarter of 2020.
- Non-GAAP net income was $26.0 million, compared to Non-GAAP net income of $15.1 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 72.4%. Non-GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.31 based on 83.4 million non-GAAP diluted common shares outstanding, compared to Non-GAAP diluted net income per share of $0.19 for the first quarter of 2020, based on 78.4 million non-GAAP diluted common shares outstanding
- Free cash flow was $33.5 million, compared to $26.4 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 27.1%
Based on information available as of today, Altair is issuing guidance for the second quarter and full year 2021.
|(in millions)||Second Quarter 2021||Full Year 2021|
|Software Product Revenue||$||92.0||to||$||95.0||$||425.0||to||$||433.0|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||$||0.1||$||1.6||$||38.0||$||44.0|
|Conference Call Information|
|What:||Altair’s First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Conference Call|
|When:||Thursday, May 6, 2021|
|Time:||5:00 p.m. ET|
|Live Call:||(866) 754-5204, Domestic|
|(636) 812-6621, International|
|Replay:||(855) 859-2056, Conference ID 5262418, Domestic|
|(404) 537-3406, Conference ID 5262418, International|
|Webcast:||http://investor.altair.com (live & replay)|