Matterport makes it easy for anyone to quickly capture a physical space and turn it into an accurate and immersive digital twin, unlocking a powerful new way for businesses and other users to manage their spaces, virtually collaborate with colleagues, and engage with customers without going onsite.
- Architecture, engineering and construction firms like Burns & McDonnell shave months off of projects with accelerated decision making and project management.
- Retailers like Herman Miller produce immersive experiences that engage customers and increase sales.
- Residential real estate companies like Engel & Volkers provide virtual access to all of their listings. In a recent study with Redfin, 78% of buyers chose to view properties virtually with 3D tours and 71% said they would buy a property sight-unseen.
- Amazing museums like Handel & Hendrix in London or historical sites like the spectacular Pharaoh Ramesses VI Tomb in Egypt allow visitors around the world to explore them anytime and at their own pace in stunning clarity and detail.
- Schools like the Van Maerlant provide students and parents a virtual way to understand how the school is preparing for reopening post-COVID, bringing great comfort and confidence to their communities.
- Restoration companies like ATI and Belfor can estimate losses four times faster with a dimensionally-accurate, high-fidelity digital twin of the impacted space.
- Global commercial real estate firms like Savills not only show properties more efficiently, but help clients plan and optimize them for return-to-work initiatives. Office spaces like the Freedom Tower in New York City can be virtually-staged based on social distancing guidelines.
"Matterport digital twins are compelling and facilitate conversations among stakeholders across regions," says Patrick McGrath, CIO at Savills. "Even when everyone is local, Matterport reduces the time it takes to understand a property - from multiple days and site visits to a couple of hours on a call." McGrath adds that these benefits won't end with the pandemic, and Savills will continue to use Matterport in multiple ways to serve their clients. "Frankly, in today's environment, I don't see how an advisor can have an effective conversation about real estate without Matterport."
"Matterport is fundamentally changing our understanding of the buildings and spaces in which we live, work, and play, by turning them into data. Digitizing a space unlocks new ways to engage, access, manage, and use it even when it's on the other side of the world from us," said RJ Pittman, CEO of Matterport. "Real estate, in all its forms, is the largest asset class in the world, with an estimated value of over $230 trillion yet still remains largely offline. Today's milestone reflects the enormous scale advantage that we have worked hard to achieve over the past decade. Digitizing the built world with our velocity and precision takes unprecedented science and data to accomplish successfully. Driven by our big innovations still to come and the sheer magnitude of the offline world, we are just scratching the surface of arguably the biggest opportunity of the next decade."
With over two billion virtual views of Matterport digital twins and tens of millions of digital measurements taken to date, adoption of the company's digital twins continues to proliferate across the globe. Homeowners can confirm whether new furniture will fit before making a purchase, and planners can collaborate online to arrange spaces for a safe return to schools and workspaces. Travel time and expenses are reduced and convenience is increased with Matterport's powerful tools for viewing, measuring, customizing, space planning and collaborating -- all accessible online from any device anywhere in the world.
Last week, the Matterport Capture app was made available to billions of Android customers in 175 countries, dramatically expanding Matterport's market reach. Now, an additional 85% of the global smartphone installed base can connect their devices to the Matterport Pro2 camera and a variety of 360 cameras from Ricoh and Insta360. In addition, the company announced that it has expanded the capabilities of Matterport Capture Services™, an online services platform that delivers a convenient turnkey solution for enterprises that need to digitize tens of thousands of real estate assets globally, simultaneously and with speed. All of these innovations accelerate Matterport's rapid global expansion and further establishes the company as the ubiquitous provider of 3D capture solutions.
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
In February 2021, Matterport announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to enter into a business combination with Gores Holdings VI (NASDAQ: GHVI, GHVIU, and GHVIW), a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, LLC, that will result in Matterport becoming a publicly listed company. Upon closing of the proposed business combination, the combined company will be named "Matterport, Inc." and intends to remain listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MTTR."
@2021 All rights reserved. Matterport is a registered trademark of Matterport, Inc., and Matterport Capture Services is a trademark of Matterport, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Matterport Media Contact:
Global Communications Manager
+44 203 874 6664
This document contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws with respect to the proposed business combination between Gores Holdings VI, Inc. ("Gores") and Matterport, Inc. ("Matterport"), including statements regarding the benefits of the proposed business combination, the anticipated timing of the proposed business combination, the services offered by Matterport and the markets in which Matterport operates, business strategies, debt levels, industry environment, potential growth opportunities, the effects of regulations and Gores' or Matterport's projected future results. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words "believe," "project," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "strategy," "future," "forecast," "opportunity," "plan," "may," "should," "will," "would," "will be," "will continue," "will likely result," and similar expressions (including the negative versions of such words or expressions).