Full Year 2021
209% and 280% over same periods in 2020
SUNRISE, Fla., March 31, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nano Dimension Ltd. (“Nano Dimension” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: NNDM), an industry-leader in Additively Manufactured Electronics ( AME), Printed Electronics ( PE), and Micro Additive Manufacturing ( Micro- AM), today announced a preview of its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31st, 2021.
Nano Dimension reported audited consolidated revenues of $7.5 million for the fourth quarter ended December 31st, 2021, a 280% increase over the fourth quarter of 2020 and 460% increase over the third quarter of 2021. Revenues for the full year ended December 31st, 2021, were $10.5 million, an increase of 209% over full year 2020. Consolidated cash and deposits balances as of December 31st, 2021, were approximately $1,355,000,000.
Moreover, the fourth quarter of 2021 revenue run-rate indicates an expected growth of approximately 200% in full year 2022 over 2021. If this occurs, the Company will perform ahead of its own expectations, by growing revenue over 10 times from 2020 to 2022, assuming no critical changes in world economy resulting from current international affairs and/or other factors.
CEO MESSAGE TO SHAREHOLDERS:
The following message to you, our loyal shareholders, will be a summary of the status of your company, reflecting backwards and projecting forward. In short form, what is expressed below are facts about the recent year as well as the vision and corporate culture of Nano Dimension. All management and over 450 loyal and talented teams, (all of whom are shareholders of our company), are sharing it with you:
- We are on, even ahead, of plan. The numbers, and not only them, are telling the story.
- Growth might not be linear, but we will continue to grow steadily, while and by continuous buildup, expansion, and innovation.
- We will continue to demonstrate creativity not just in technology but also with expansion of our business model and implementation strategy thereof, aiming to create more value for you.
- We are committed to show results, and those will eventually be manifested in stock price.
When we have raised money during 2020-2021, we have presented the vision of Nano Dimension to dozens institutional investors, many of which became our shareholders based on that. With our investors and shareholders’ support we are now in a process of fulfilling this goal: To transform Additive Manufacturing electronics & adjacent Additive Manufacturing sectors into an environmentally friendly & economically efficient additive manufacturing Industry 4.0 – enabling a one production-step-conversion of digital designs into functioning mechanical & electronic devices, On Demand, anytime, anywhere.
Our planned mission for achieving this vision is to build an ecofriendly and intelligent distributed secured network of additive manufacturing self-learning and self-improving machines, which will deliver a superior ROI to their owners as well as to Nano Dimension shareholders and other stakeholders.
In the occasions of raising the necessary capital to enable the future achievement of the above, as well as many other 1x1 and 1xMany presentations to potential shareholders over the last 18 months, I have repeatedly expressed the following, as it relates to Nano Dimension’s growth profile and investment model:
- Nano Dimension has an investment model similar to BioTech’s growth curve without its downsides (regulatory approval and possible total failure). Nano Dimension has planned a long-range event horizon that will stretch without projectable short term quarterly and yearly financial results until reaching certain consecutive development milestones. We are ahead of this curve. Financial results are already emerging.
- We believe that revenue will continue to grow, yet may be sometimes erratic, and interim increased value will be based on achieving certain technology breakthroughs and reaching specifications.
- Nano Dimension, unlike BioTech companies, is not subject to regulatory approval. Our turning points are subject to reaching materials’ development performance goals which we set for ourselves as guidelines, based on our customer needs and industry standards.
- Our downside is not dramatically risky, as we already have hundreds of customers and proof of concepts of machines, AI/deep learning software, and materials.
- Nano Dimension will not need to raise more money to achieve its development goals, hence minimal to no dilution is expected.
- Hence, whomever is expecting gradual growth of revenue and earnings on a quarterly basis should not invest in Nano Dimension. Only if the attention span and investment horizon is longer, will shareholders of Nano Dimension be satisfied from a unique and highly attractive rate of return by the eventual unique value creation.
Yet, we have grown our revenue by 209% from 2020 to 2021 and our run-rate in the fourth quarter of 2021 raises the hope for an approximately 200% growth in 2022 over 2021. (Already in the fourth quarter of 2021 we reported revenue of $7.5M, a 280% increase over the fourth quarter of 2020 and a 460% increase over the third quarter of 2021). This is very encouraging, yet it should not create expectations that our growth curve will change overnight from being based on inflection and singularity points as we proceed to what we hope to be a multi-billion-dollar valuation in few very short years.
Speaking about expectations, hopes and disappointments, it behooves us to refer to the share price. While we cannot be sure, it may be affected by the following factors:
- All of our comparable public Additive Manufacturing companies (over 10), including us, have lost 50%-60% of their stock value over the last 3-4 quarters.
- Our current shareholders’ construct is made up of less than a hundred institutional investors (many of which we have spoken with personally and explained our vision, mission and growth model as above), and many dozens of thousands retail investors. While many of the members of the first group understand what to expect, the second group rarely speaks with us, and their expectations do not necessarily fit what is described above. That causes certain shareholders to lose faith and sell shares despite the growth, which is ahead of them, as their investment profile is based on short term risk-result profiles. This disables any exploitation of our growth opportunity as described above. We respect them as much as we respect any shareholder, but we are not always able to fulfil their short-term wishes. In turn, as they may oversell shares, the price goes down on relatively low trading volumes (which may indicate that it could be just a tiny, small percentage of our shareholders that cause the share price to slide down).
- We are in a fortunate position, thanks to our shareholders' support and trust, to be well financed with over $1.35 billion in cash. We do not see ourselves in a need to raise more capital for operations in the foreseeable future. Hence, dilution to the present shareholders is not expected, barring unforeseen circumstances. This is, of course, good news for all of us.
On the other side of this state of affairs, as per above, looms the natural question: How do we intend to apply the capital we have, and at what pace, in order to increase the value of the company. I will answer this question by stating what we intend to do and what we intend not to do:
- We intend to:
Use the capital in the next few years, at a rate of dozens of millions of dollars per annum or more, for major investment in advancing our R&D efforts to create unprecedent technological competitive edges and barriers to entry in the fields of Industry 4.0, Digital industry and Additive Manufacturing.
- We intend to :
Continue to use the capital for selected synergistic acquisitions planned to be immediately accretive to revenue and eventually accretive to EBITDA and earnings per share. (Incidentally, we have performed 4 acquisitions already between April and January 2022).
- We intend to :
Continue to use the capital for expansion of our marketing and go-to-market network and integrate our present and future acquisitions into the expanding international distribution channel grid.
- We do not intend to :
Rush into M&A transaction because the “cash is burning a hole in our pocket” and enter non-synergetic and/or non-accretive acquisitions by paying too much too early. This will stand even if it takes much longer to perform the right transactions. Incidentally, the prices are already going down, which is a very good sign for a patient organization with ample capital, like Nano Dimension.
- We do not intend to :
Use the capital raised from our present and past shareholders to buy our stocks in the open market from the same or other shareholders, at a discount on the prices which they have paid, or even otherwise. Nano Dimension is not in the stock-trading business. Until we shall generate positive cash and decide that we have more cash than we need to build the business and create the expected value through that – we plan to use the capital for what we have raised it for. At a later stage, when we have the business on the right footing, generating more cash than is needed for operations on an ongoing basis – we shall reevaluate this policy.
“In summary,” Mr. Stern concluded, “as many experienced investors know, the role of the company is to focus on adding value in an accelerated pace as possible. We believe that the manifestation of that will “float up” and will be expressed in the stock price sooner or later. As we have written to you lately, by now we already see the early signs of our three business development pillars (synergetic mergers and acquisitions, accelerated research and development, and revolution in go-to-market efforts) as they start to converge and to fuel a mutually accelerated scalable growth. The companies we have acquired as well as future potential M&A targets are analyzed based on their ability to drive R&D efforts in ways not otherwise possible. Additionally, they are chosen based on their expected amalgamation with the marketing channels of the products we develop, contributing to the market presence we need to maximize our success. In parallel, we have planned and are currently executing and hoping to surpass any present solutions for “robotic brains” in manufacturing, material technologies and 3D-printing performance. Those, in turn, are aimed to create an industrially disruptive set of inflection points. While, as usual, there is no guaranty for the timing thereof, these milestones will hopefully cause an increase of value by step functions and create an exceptional time-weighted return on investment for all of our long-term investors.”