August 17, 2009 — Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the availability of Global Mapper v11.00 at
http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1100.exe . Just download that file and run it to install v11.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don't have to worry about losing what you're currently working on to evaluate it.
Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:
- Created native 64-bit version of Global Mapper, allowing users of 64-bit versions Windows to work with much larger data sets. This can be downloaded from
- Support for importing/exporting GeoPDF files!
- Added map layout support for easily adding margins and north arrows to your map and setting up the display and location of the distance scale and elevation legend.
- Support for exporting loaded vector data to DWG files.
- Built-in DigitalGlobe imagery access was significantly improved with much more worldwide data available.
- Added free built-in access to global street-level maps from OpenStreetMap.org via the File->Download Online Imagery menu command.
- Added support for exporting multi-band GeoTIFF files with 8 or 16 bits per band.
- Added support to combine area features, find the intersection of area features, and crop line and areas features to a crop area on export to some vector formats.
- Added real-time display of current cursor information (location, distance, elevation) to 3D Path Profile dialog. In addition, you can now also click to define a sub-path on the 3D Path Profile dialog and get information about that sub-path displayed.
- Added support for scaling point symbols, adding custom point symbols from PNG, GIF, JPG, and (new vector) .gmsym files, and easily creating symbols of custom sizes and colors for common shapes, like dots, squares, etc.
- Added toolbar for Digitizer/Edit Tool to make it easier to perform many commonly used operations.
- Added ability to create new line features by tracing them without clicking at each vertex with the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
- Added ability to rotate and scale features using the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
- Added support for numerous new formats, including MrSID MG4 LIDAR, Vertical Mapper (MapInfo) Grid/Clutter, QCT, QED, HTF, SPS, BAG, and many others.
Pricing for Global Mapper v11.00 is $349 US for a new single license, $299 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $249 US per license for 20 or more licenses. Users with licenses for Global Mapper v10.xx can purchase an upgrade to v11.00 for only $129 US per license. Site license pricing is also available on request. As always, upgrades and new licenses can be purchased from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com.