Other market highlights include:
- From 1Q10 to 2Q10, worldwide Ethernet port shipments grew 3.3% while revenues decreased 2.0%.
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) port shipments decreased 5.3% while revenues increased 2.5% due to an increase in Layer 3 port shipments.
- Total fixed port shipments grew 3.7% from 1Q10 to 2Q10 and revenues decreased 0.7%.
- Fixed 10GE port shipments grew 21.1% and revenues grew 6.6%.
- From 1Q10 to 2Q10 PoE revenues accounted for 18.3% of total Ethernet switch revenues.
Recent In-Stat research, 2Q10 Ethernet Switch Tracker (#IN1004818LS), provides highly detailed segmentation of the worldwide Ethernet switch market for the current and seven preceding quarters, breaking down port shipments and manufacturers' revenues by all the following categories:
- Region (North America, EMEA, Asia/Pacific, and CALA).
- Form Factor (Fixed, Modular).
- Wire Speed (Fast, Gigabit, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet).
- OSI Layer (Unmanaged, Web Smart, L2, L3, and L4-7).
- Vendor (18 Vendors).
- In-Stat's 2Q10 Ethernet Switch Tracker is an Excel pivot-table deliverable with over 7000 individual data points, and 18 detailed data tables.
For a free sample contact Elaine Potter at: Email Contact or (480)483-4441.
In-Stat's market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions. Technology vendors, equipment manufacturers, service providers and media companies worldwide rely on In-Stat to support critical business, product and technology decisions.
Contact: Brad Shaffer Industry Analyst E-Mail: Email Contact (480) 483-4448 Rick Vogelei Marketing Manager E-mail: Email Contact (480) 483-4476