- Satellite imagery and geo-information specialists Spot Image and Infoterra, subsidiaries of Astrium Services, will combine forces to form its new GEO-Information business division
- The GEO-Information division will now offer a unique one-stop-shop portfolio of multisource, multi-resolution optical and radar satellite imagery under the Astrium brand
- Committed to continuity, innovation and investment with Astrium’s financial and R&D resources to fully serve the needs of customers worldwide.
Paris--1 December 2010 - In January 2011, a single operational management structure will be implemented, bringing together the imagery and services experts
Spot Image and
Infoterra to form the new
GEO-Information division of Astrium Services.
With more than 25 years’ experience, the GEO-Information division will now offer a fully-consolidated product and services portfolio under the Astrium brand covering the entire geographic information services value chain: from satellite imagery to high value-added solutions.
“ Astrium Services is focused on becoming the world leader in the field of geo-information solutions. Our recent commitment to financing the next generation of SPOT satellites and the current TerraSAR-X and most recent TanDEM-X missions are a clear demonstration of our ambition,” said Astrium Services’ CEO, Eric Béranger.
Patrick Le Roch, the new Divisional Managing Director of the GEO-Information division, added, “Our customers will now benefit from unrivalled expertise across the entire geo-information value chain. We will be able to respond to their complex needs with first class efficiency, worldwide.”
With this new fully-integrated management structure, customers will enjoy simplified access to Astrium’s unique extended offer of products and services provided through commercial Business Areas’ teams established on a regional basis worldwide. Timeliness, accuracy and reliability remain at the centre of the GEO-Information division’s delivery strategy. Backed by Astrium’s resources, R&D investment will continue to bring innovative products and services to wider regional and vertical markets.
Unique GEO solutions to be offered by this integrated division include:
- Optical and radar geo-imagery. Relying on its incomparable access to numerous Earth observation satellites, Astrium Services’ GEO-Information division will continue to promote the innovative combination of both optical and radar satellite data;
- Value-added products including 3D urban simulations and Digital Elevation Models. Access to global, highly accurate DEM coverage anywhere, regardless of relief and weather conditions is another example of a unique solution only Astrium Services can provide;
- A set of market-oriented geo-information services for markets such as Defence and Security, Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Urban planning, Insurance and Environment;
- Expertise to deliver complex project-based geo-information solutions – current examples including the development of a land administration and taxation system in Mauritius and the implementation of a national spatial data infrastructure for Serbia.
Astrium, a wholly owned subsidiary of EADS, is dedicated to providing civil and defence space systems and services. In 2009, Astrium had a turnover of €4.8 billion and more than 15,000 employees in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and the Netherlands. Its three main areas of activity are Astrium Space Transportation for launchers and orbital infrastructure, Astrium Satellites for spacecraft and ground segment, and Astrium Services for comprehensive end-to-end value-added solutions covering secure and commercial satcoms and networks, high security satellite communications equipment, bespoke geo-information and navigation services worldwide.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2009, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 42.8 billion and employed a workforce of more than 119,000.
(Astrium Services GEO-Information division)
Tel.:+33 (0) 5 62 19 40 09