In addition, the company’s leasing and lifecycle asset management services subsidiary, HP Financial Services, helps customers expand or renew their IT infrastructures with the entire line of ExSO offerings through flexible leasing and financing solutions.
HP’s existing scale-out computing portfolio includes the HP ProLiant DL1000 Multi Node servers, introduced on June 2, the HP POD (Performance Optimized Datacenter), HP StorageWorks 9100 Extreme Data Storage System and the HP ProLiant 2x220c double-density blade server introduced last year.
More information is available at www.hp.com/go/extremescaleout.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com/.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.
(1) Potential savings of a 100,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art ExSO data center using HP ProLiant SL6000 family and HP Data Center Environmental Edge.
(2) Cost savings based on internal pricing comparing the HP ProLiant DL160 G6 server to the HP ProLiant SL2x170z server; power savings based on HP comparisons of traditional rack servers with SL2x170z; double density based on fitting two server nodes in the physical space of one traditional 1U node.
(3) Estimated savings based HP comparison of traditional rack servers to SL2x170z in 100,000-square-foot data center; typical home uses 11.23 megawatts per year – based on U.S. Department of Energy data ( http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/esr/table5.html).
(4) Compares maximum weight of Dell R610 and SL170z
(5) A 100,000-square-foot data center (88,000 servers) has 1,716 tons of Dell PowerEdge R610 and 878 tons of SL2x170z; a savings of 838.5 tons = 4.3 Boeing 747s (195 tons average empty weight).
(6) Compared to traditional rack servers delivering a single node in each 1U chassis.
(7) Compares 100,000-square-foot data center example (88,000 servers) of HP ProLiant SL2x170z with the Dell PowerEdge R610 with approximately $165 per node capital expenditure savings.
(8) Based on a 100,000-square foot data center, using 29 MW, at $.08 kWh electricity price, full capacity.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2009 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5983735&lang=en