The latest generation of the HandySCAN 3D features improved optics, multiple blue laser technology and powerful algorithms for faster, more accurate instant measurements.
Lévis, Canada, April 25, 2019— Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable and automated 3D measurement solutions, today launched a thoroughly reengineered and refined update to the HandySCAN 3D™: the HandySCAN BLACK™. This is the third-generation version of Creaform’s patented metrology-grade scanner. Its launch marks more than 15 years of innovation of technology to meet the evolving needs of the manufacturing and engineering industries. The HandySCAN BLACK™ is made for professionals who need the most effective and reliable tool on the market to capture accurate dimensional measurements of physical objects.
HandySCAN BLACK combines high-performance 3D scanning with improved optics, multiple blue laser technology and a sleek, ergonomic design. Its distinctive simplicity and portability advantages are a staple of Creaform’s product line. As the company’s flagship portable metrology-grade 3D scanner, the HandySCAN BLACK sets the standard for measurement, regardless of size, material or complexity, within seconds anywhere.
High-Performance Tools to Meet Rising Quality Standards
- 4X resolution: Captures fine details and large volumes thanks to the unique and versatile combination of improved high-performance optics and multiple blue laser technology.
- 3X faster measurement speed and instant mesh: Larger scanning area featuring 11 blue laser crosses that take up to 1,300,000 measurements per second, ultimately cutting down the time between acquisition and workable files.
- More accurate and traceable measurements: Volumetric accuracy of 0.020 mm + 0.040 mm/m (0.0008 in. + 0.0005 in./ft) based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 as well as ISO 17025, ensuring reliability and full traceability to international standards.
- Available in BLACK and BLACK|Elite: Customers can choose from two models based on their needs: part complexity, measurement speed, accuracy, etc.
- And much more! Visit the website for detailed information about the innovative technology that provides TRUaccuracy, TRUsimplicity, TRUportability, and speed for your product development and quality control applications.
Innovation and Technology in the Metrology Market
“Over the past decade, Creaform technologies have become the standard in highly accurate metrology tools, trusted to take reliable measurements that help make informed decisions at all stages of the product lifecycle management (PLM),” said Simon Côté, Product Manager at Creaform. “HandySCAN BLACK packs the benefits of its predecessors and further takes on quality assurance inspections in the shop, at the machine, in process—where the customers need it.”
Creaform introduced the HandySCAN BLACK at the company’s international sales meeting as well as the PolyWorks Conference USA in Novi, MI. It will make its European debut at the Control international trade fair in Stuttgart, Germany, which takes place May 7 to 10. To learn more, visit our website or join the free webinar to learn what makes the HandySCAN BLACK the ultimate metrology-grade scanner, from its portability to its versatility during any stage of the product lifecycle.
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable and automated measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education.
With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis as well as Grenoble, France, with direct sales operations in Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Creaform is part of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., which a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of $4.8 billion.
Regional Marketing Manager - USA
+1 855.939.4446 x 766