SAN JOSE, Calif. — November 16, 2016 — Electronics manufacturing executives will examine growth prospects, global industry developments and technology strategy at the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS) 2017 to be held January 8-11 at the Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, Calif. ISS 2017, designed as the year’s earliest indicator of emerging trends, provides critical perspective and market insight to executives responsible for corporate strategy and key relationships in the electronics manufacturing supply chain. The annual symposium brings together leading analysts, researchers, economists, and technologists to provide fresh insights on the forces shaping the semiconductor industry. The elite event offers insight into new growth opportunities, potential partners, and vital intelligence to help navigate the industry’s rapidly changing playing field.
ISS 2017 highlights include:
- Market Perspective: Where’s the growth? Hear what experts are saying at Google, IBM Research, and the Consumer Technology Association.
- Economic Trends: Will an expanding Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem drive demand for investments in cloud storage, security, and new devices? Get insider perspectives from Gartner, Linx Consulting, and VLSI Research.
- Technology: Will EUV lithography finally arrive, or will the industry double-down on multiple patterning? Get insights from executives at imec, SanDisk, Applied Materials, and more.
- Global Forces: Consolidation and China’s will to establish a homegrown semiconductor supply chain are redrawing the map. Hear from Philips Healthcare, International Business Strategies, and McKinsey & Co.
Plus, powerful first-of-the-year keynotes by:
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES - Gary Patton, CTO and senior VP of Worldwide R&D
- Intel - Diane Bryant, executive VP and GM of the Data Center Group
- Applied Materials - Om Nalamasu, CTO
- Philips Healthcare - Diego Olego, senior VP and Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer
The challenges are many, the investments enormous, and the pressure to show profitability and growth is greater than ever. SEMI ISS 2017 will give industry professionals the perspective needed to succeed in today’s turbulent business climate. To learn more and to register, visit www.semi.org/en/ISS.
SEMI® connects more than 2,000 member companies and more than a quarter-million professionals worldwide to advance the science and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped our members grow more profitably, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit
Deborah Geiger/SEMI Headquarters
Phone: +1 408.943.7988
Email: Email Contact