ESI Group Integrates RTM Simulation In CATIA V5
Airbus and ESI Group announce their first collaboration in the field of virtual manufacturing. Based on Airbus specifications, ESI Group has developed a simulation application in CATIA V5 for composite parts manufactured using the liquid composite molding processes. Airbus is utilizing composite materials on a large scale in its new advanced aircraft programs. Resin transfer molding (RTM) simulation has been used for more than 10 years by EADS, the major share holder of Airbus, for simulating the injection of parts with resin fibrous reinforcements. These last years, EADS CCR (Centre Commun de Recherches, Suresnes, France) and ESI Group have collaborated to adapt the capabilities of its PAM-RTM software to the emerging needs of new aircraft programs. PAM-RTM can be used to design and develop new tooling and processes for composite materials. It checks the mold design and the process parameters to make sure that the parts are injected correctly the first time. PAM-RTM for CATIA V5 is the result of the first implementation of PAM-RTM capabilities in CATIA V5 during a two-year joint project with Airbus.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
- Dassault Systemes Integrates NVIDIA Technology Into CATIA
- Kubotek USA Offers CADKEY Users New Incentives to Choose KeyCreator
- The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium Announces Keynote Speakers
- InterDoc And Right Hemisphere Team Up To Bring State-Of-The-Art 2D And 3D Publishing
- Leading German Universities and Technical Colleges Deploy PTC Solutions
- FISHER/UNITECH Launches New Website
- Theorem Showcases Its New 2 Into 1 CADverter
- CAT.PRO 2006 Shown With KOMPAS-3D
- Schott Systeme Introduces Automatic 2D Gear Creation And Machining
- Cimmetry Releases AutoVue 19.1 for Solaris
- think3 Expands VAR Network
- Avatech Solutions Announces Q4 And Year-end Results
- Adept Technology Introduces AdeptSight 2.0
- Apriso Drives Flexible In-Line Sequenced Manufacturing To Automotive Industry
- IBM Helps Businesses Accelerate the Adoption of Emerging Technologies
- Call For Experimental Work Toward Atomically-Precise Manufacturing
- Plasticon Announces Record Mold Construction
- ATI's Graphics Hardware Certified For Windows Vista
- NovAtel Inc. Technology OnBoard Autonomous Mini-Helicopter
- Mitsui Knowledge Selects MKS Integrity For Application Lifecycle Management
- Microvision Enters Agreement To Develop Automotive Head-Up Display
- ICEM To Participate In COE 2006 Aerospace Industry Workshop.
- IBM And Dassault Systèmes To Host European PLM Forum
- KUKA Robotics To Demonstrate Order Picking
- Registration Open For CAD Midwest Technology Expo
- ISSYS Will Exhibit At Medical Design & Manufacturing Exposition And Conference
You can find the full MCADCafe event calendar here.
To read more news, click here.
-- Jeff Rowe, MCADCafe.com Contributing Editor.