FLUENT For CATIA V5 Extends PLM-Embedded Analysis Capability
Fluent Inc. announced Version 2 of FLUENT for CATIA V5. The new release, planned for shipment next month, will extend the range of fluid flow simulations that can be accomplished within the V5 PLM environment and will include enhanced automation for rapid performance-based evaluation of design alternatives. Developed by Fluent as a member of the CAA V5 Software Community Program, FLUENT for CATIA V5 delivers the ANSYS vision of simulation-driven product development to customers working within the V5 PLM environment. Model building options have been extended to include Dassault Systemes' hexahedral meshing tools and the ability to convert to polyhedral meshes within the FLUENT solver. All meshing options can be used alone or combined within the same model, improving the efficiency of the overall simulation and yielding faster turnaround for many types of design analyses. The Version 2 release also includes a significantly expanded set of capabilities for handling complex flow scenarios. Support for full 64-bit memory addressing under Microsoft Windows XP 64 has been added, enabling simulation of larger models.
NVIDIA Delivers Performance Boost For New Autodesk 2007 Software
NVIDIA Corp. announced the availability of NVIDIA MAXtreme 9 D3D and POWERdraft 2007, new performance drivers, developed in close collaboration with Autodesk, for 3ds Max 9 software and AutoCAD 2007 software. Recent tests show MAXtreme 9 drivers increased performance up to 100% when coupled with the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 graphics solution, while POWERdraft 2007 running on Quadro FX 5500 graphics improved AutoCAD 2007 performance by as much as 73%. POWERdraft 2007, a performance driver for AutoCAD 2007, provides 3D hardware acceleration for Quadro FX graphics solutions running under Windows 2000/XP, replacing the existing driver for improved 3D hardware acceleration.
Tyco Electronics Cuts Regulatory Compliance Overhead With Dassault Systemes PLM
Dassault Systemes announced that Tyco Electronics has deployed ENOVIA MatrixOne's Materials Compliance Central (MCC) to automate and simplify the creation of material declarations. Tyco Electronics is an industry leader in providing products compliant with the European Union's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and similar "green" requirements around the world. Increasingly, however, customers demand not only compliance, but detailed material declarations covering both the regulated substances and other substances used in product construction materials. Prior to implementing Materials Compliance Central, Tyco Electronics had hundreds of engineers filling out product material spreadsheets by hand. Today, ENOVIA MatrixOne MCC facilitates the collection and organization of material content information from Tyco Electronics' 15,000 suppliers in a global compliance data repository.
Dell Server, Workstation Lines Offer Power Of Four
Dell has enhanced its ninth-generation PowerEdge servers and Dell Precision workstations with the industry's first standards-based quad-core processors. The addition of Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors to the two-socket Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 2950, 2900, SC1430 and 1955 blade models support the company's strategy to drive more complete and cost-effective enterprise technologies across a variety of customer environments. Customers can now configure the two-socket Dell Precision 690 and Dell Precision 490 with new Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, while the single-socket Dell Precision 390 supports the Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor. Performance of heavily multi-threaded applications, such as Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk Maya 3D animation, modeling and rendering components, can scale dramatically with the addition of processor cores. When configured with Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, the Dell Precision 690 and 490 workstations can deliver hardware performance gains of up to 54 percent on multi-threaded applications.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
- 3D CAD Downloads Drive Supplier Selection
- Z Corporation Earns Awards
- Three-Wheeler Cuts Sharp Corners With SolidWorks
- INCAT Provides Production Engineering For F1 Race Car Components
- ICEM Co-Sponsors L.A. Auto Show's Design Challenge
- Moldflow Reports Results For Q1 2007
- CD-adapco Presents "Fluid Structure Interaction Coupling STAR-CD And ABAQUS"
- Metris International Wins Award
- Seemage Offers ITEDO Trade-Up Program
- OKI Printing Solutions Wins Award Using CoCreate
- Informative Graphics' Free DWG Viewer Extends AutoCAD 2007 Support
- Delcam Offers Free FeatureCAM Trial
- Lotus Cars Takes To The Road With Dassault PLM
- Missler Software and Huron: A High Tech Machining Collaboration
- Protomold Receives Recognition For Growth
- CD-adapco To Demo New Approach For Simulating Diesel Particulate Filters
- VISTAGY Partners With AMD To Offer 64-bit Support
- Autodesk Extends Invitation For Q3 2007 Financial Results Conference Call
- INCAT To Expand Technical Support To Autodesk Subscription Customers
- Apriso Named A Top Emerging Manufacturing Software Company
- 3D Systems Corporation To Restate Financial Statements For First Half Of 2006
- Gibbs And Associates Open Office In Seattle
- Switch Manufacturer Adds More 3DQuickPress
- Delcam's CADCAM Software Provides Time Savings
- Agile Named To Software Magazine's Annual List
- EDS Technologies Pvt Ltd To Market Dassault Systèmes’ ABAQUS In India
- Pinion Desktop Packager Earns Award
- VISTAGY Releases Latest Version Of FiberSIM
- ROMER Introduces STINGER IIi Portable CMM
- Immersion Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2006 Financial Results
- Pelion Systems Honered As Award Finalist
- HP, SAP Form Research Collaboration
- Hitachi Consulting Sharpens Focus On Manufacturing
- EDS Technologies launches TOLL FREE Technical Support Number
- Irvin Aerospace Selected To Design Parachutes For NASA's Orion Spacecraft
- Intergraph Announces ImageStation PixelQue
- Boeing Uses Moving Assembly Line For 777 Jetliners
- Northrop Grumman Sells Remaining TRW Automotive Equity Stake
- Cook Incorporated Honored As 2006 Medical Device Manufacturer Of The Year
- AT&T To Provide Global Internet Service For Moldflow
- Apriso Selected To Help New Just-In-Time Sequenced Operations
- Microsoft And Novell Announce Collaboration On Windows And Linux Interoperability
- ABB Robotics Selects Tacton Configurator For Customized Products
- 43rd DAC Award-Winning Papers Now Available Online
- Boeing Announces FedEx Express Order For 777 Freighters
- Timken To Launch Aerospace Manufacturing In China
- PTC To Speak At Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Kubotek USA To Address Aerospace Design EXPO 2006
- Delcam To Host Free Composites Inspection Seminar
- CD-adapco To Exhibit At Fuel Cell Seminar
- Complimentary Webinar: How To Get The Most Out Of A Linux Cluster - November 14th, 2006
- Delcam To Show New Software At Euromold Medical Technology
You can find the full MCADCafe event calendar here.
To read more news, click here.
-- Jeff Rowe, MCADCafe.com Contributing Editor.